Bleaching a privacy fence?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bleaching a privacy fence?

Have you ever done it to help the looks? How much does it take and how long to notice the difference? Sprayed mine with a bug sprayer with a 50/50 ratio and can't tell a difference.

Originally posted by SSMAN View Post
    Have you ever done it to help the looks? How much does it take and how long to notice the difference? Sprayed mine with a bug sprayer with a 50/50 ratio and can't tell a difference.
    barry, i hit the fence at my old house with a pressure washer, no bleach or anything but it came out looking like new. you are more than welcome to borrow it if you want.

god bless.
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
      barry, i hit the fence at my old house with a pressure washer, no bleach or anything but it came out looking like new. you are more than welcome to borrow it if you want.

god bless.
      Ditto on that, I used to do it on the weekends in highschool using a steam carpet cleaner. It was awesome.
      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

god bless.
        Paul, you are a gentleman and a scholar. Thanks for the offer. I just hit mine with the power washer today. (I have one) I have 5 gallons of Thompson's water sealer that I am going to throw at it too.

Comment

Originally posted by SSMAN View Post
          I bleach my fence every other year. I use straight bleach right out of the bottle after pouring it into a 1 gallon pressure sprayer. The effects are immediate and very noticeable. Looks like a brand new fence when I'm done.

Use straight bleach.

Comment

Originally posted by Hicompression View Post
            I bleach my fence every other year. I use straight bleach right out of the bottle after pouring it into a 1 gallon pressure sprayer. The effects are immediate and very noticeable. Looks like a brand new fence when I'm done.

Use straight bleach.
            what he said

Comment

the bleach doesnt help with the warping of the wood does it?

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post
                the bleach doesnt help with the warping of the wood does it?
                no, it's not going to help you there. it's just good for making the wood look nice and new again, then you stain it.

Comment

Talk to big matt.

Comment

Originally posted by lo3oz View Post
                    Talk to big matt.
                    He only has experience in asshole bleaching.....
                    Originally posted by BradM
                    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                    Originally posted by Leah
                    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

50/50 is a good measure and what we use regularly. Cant imagine why it didn't help. Must have a sealer over the mildew.
                      Photobucket

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                        He only has experience in asshole bleaching.....
                        yeah, i'm not sure what you do with fences

Comment

I did a few test panels on mine a while back, but I mixed the bleach... I don't recall the ratio, but it definitely wasn't stronger than 1:1 with water. It didn't seem to make a huge difference. I think it might have been closer to 1 part bleach to 2 or 3 parts water. Would using straight bleach make up the difference between not working and working? I could use a power sprayer if the bleach technique isn't working. Secondly, does the bleach kill the grass? Do you need to rinse the fence after the bleaching process?

Comment

god bless.
                            I would take you up on that! I really need to hit my driveway and the deck in back. You in town this weekend?

Comment

Working...
                            X