Fill Dirt.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fill Dirt.......

Anyone know where I can get some fill dirt for the backyard? I have a nasty bradford pear growing and grass never grows, so it's all dirt. Well, couple that with the rain that washes the dirt away, it's getting really low. Anyway, I need to fill a couple of holes the dogs have dug plus a good three to four inches over a 400 sq. ft. area........

Any help?

TIA

What part of DFW are you in?

Comment

I'm in Rowlett.

Comment

I deliver sand dirt gravel. What kind of dirt you want?

2003 f250
        1990 mustang gt stock 68k miles
        1990 mustang gt 347 t56
        1994 peterbilt 377 dump truck 450hp cat
        1997 freightliner 500hp detriot[/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by marcs95gt View Post
          I deliver sand dirt gravel. What kind of dirt you want?
          It doesn't matter to me.....I'm assuming the cheapest.....I just need to fill up the back yard about 3-4 inches before I lay some sod......so what ever dirt I'll need for that......I don't have a green thumb at all.........

Comment

Originally posted by stock85 View Post
            It doesn't matter to me.....I'm assuming the cheapest.....I just need to fill up the back yard about 3-4 inches before I lay some sod......so what ever dirt I'll need for that......I don't have a green thumb at all.........
            You're looking for top soil. Cheapest/possibly free way to do it is to look around for any construction that involves digging close to your house. Stop by and ask them if they are getting rid of dirt. If they say yes, ask them if they would haul a couple loads to your house. If they say no, ask them if they would haul a couple loads to your house for 50 bucks. Look for dirt that is dark in color and free of trash, rock, and other debris. This works best when no white guys are around.

Comment

Originally posted by 90vert View Post
              You're looking for top soil. Cheapest/possibly free way to do it is to look around for any construction that involves digging close to your house. Stop by and ask them if they are getting rid of dirt. If they say yes, ask them if they would haul a couple loads to your house. If they say no, ask them if they would haul a couple loads to your house for 50 bucks. Look for dirt that is dark in color and free of trash, rock, and other debris. This works best when no white guys are around.
              There are a few spots like that, but always with white guys around.....190 is going in and there are mounds of dirt and a couple of subdivisions going in around me......I'll give it a whirl.....thanks.

Comment

Working...
              X