WTF kind of drill bit do I need???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTF kind of drill bit do I need???

I went to HD and got a masonry drill bit to drill some 1/4 holes in some bricks to mount the cameras. I can NOT get a fucken hole, the drill spins and makes a small dent looking thing only, I am practically using my entire body weight, no go. I used a similar 3/4 inch bit earlier and made a fucken hole to run the cable thru, but can't get this damn 1/4 bit to work???

I then tried it and a wood bit on the cement board used for the siding along the roof line, same thing. The drill spins, but never makes a damn hole! How in the hell can I mount the fucken cameras? I thought this would be the easy part, LOL!

Use water to spray on the bit while you're drilling or hammer drill FTW....

Comment

You may have already ruined the bit. They turn slow. Look closely at the edge, you may need to get another bit, if it's trashed. When you use it, be careful not to turn it to fast, pull it back ever so often, because they don't flute well either.

Good luck.
      sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
      17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
      13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
      86 SVO - Sold
      '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
      01 TJ - new toy - Sold
      65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Hammer drill would be cool, this is a cheapo Ryobi, I think paid like $39 for it a while back. Bit looks good still, and I did try it on low speed, higher speed, etc. Just makes like a fucken little dent in the damn brick. The 3/4 bit went thru OK, but this damn 1/4 won't do shit! I'm tempted to just glue these fuckers to the brick! Not like I'll be moving them around once set anyways, LOL.

Comment

where are you located I have a hammer drill, and have dropped a few wires before.
          2006 Civic SI
          2009 Pilot
          1988 GT
          CRF50

Widebody whore.

Comment

Originally posted by beefed88 View Post
            where are you located I have a hammer drill, and have dropped a few wires before.
            I'm in Keller. Thanks for the offer, but I think I'm gonna just drill in between the bricks and mount the anchors in the mortar. I can use the corner area and get 3 in pretty easily, and use some clear silicone to help hold it in place. Should be good enough, the cameras are pretty light.

Comment

Just spray water on the bit and go to town on high speed.

Comment

Originally posted by jw33 View Post
                Just spray water on the bit and go to town on high speed.
                That would be hard to do, I'm on a slanted driveway up on a ladder! Wouldn't trust someone to spray water from ground level while I'm using an electric drill!

Comment

Do you have the drill going the right direction?
                  Whos your Daddy?

Comment

I live in watauga so if you end up needing to borrow the drill or need help I can swing by.
                    2006 Civic SI
                    2009 Pilot
                    1988 GT
                    CRF50

Widebody whore.

Comment

Working...
                    X