Weird Dryer Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird Dryer Question

My dryer is heating up, and turning, but it seems like over the past few weeks it is taking 10 times longer to dry the clothes. I checked the vents and hose in the back and everything is clear. WTF is going on?
    Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
    Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

I assume you cleaned out the lint trap
    1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

If it has 2 110v breakers tied together, one may have tripped. Click both down and back up and try it. Other than that you've already checked the hose and vent, you should be good.
      sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
      17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
      13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
      86 SVO - Sold
      '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
      01 TJ - new toy - Sold
      65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by 2165 Turbo Rail View Post
        I assume you cleaned out the lint trap
        Every load.

Originally posted by Chas_svo View Post
        If it has 2 110v breakers tied together, one may have tripped. Click both down and back up and try it. Other than that you've already checked the hose and vent, you should be good.
        Hmm.. I may have to check that.

When I open the door it seems as hot as it always is but maybe it isn't. I will give that a shot and see if that works.

Thanks.
        Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

I checked the breaker and they were both on, but I did switch them off and back on. I have a new load in there now so we will see how that goes.

Comment

Blow out the vent tube in your house with a shop vac and then take the outside skins off of the dryer to get into all the internal ducts. They are probably packed with lint. Might check the fan blade and make sure it isn't slipping on the shaft of the motor.

Comment

You should check the thermostat. I had one do a similar thing, it would get hot, but the stupid thing thought it was too hot, so it turned itself down temp. wise and still ran, but took forever to dry anything.

Also check this thread!

I've been meaning to get one of those kits to clean out the dryer vent tube and finally got around to it today. Damn, I was surprised how much crap was in that exhaust/vent tube going out the roof! Went to Ace Hardware and got the LintEater kit and the 12 foot extension kit. Fucken $64 for it, but well worth it IMO. A ton of

Comment

Are you sure that it's not the washer that's the problem? The belt on my washer has slowly worn out, and each time, the clothes were slightly more wet than the previous wash, getting gradually worse over time. Now I can tell a big difference, but it wasn't immediately noticeable.

I say that... I'm assuming it's a belt that has worn out. I haven't opened it up yet.
                Originally posted by BradM
                But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                Originally posted by Leah
                In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
                  You should check the thermostat. I had one do a similar thing, it would get hot, but the stupid thing thought it was too hot, so it turned itself down temp. wise and still ran, but took forever to dry anything.

Also check this thread!

http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/sh...ighlight=dryer
                  This is probably going to be a stupid comment but I didn't know dryers had a thermostat. I figured it would just run at a set temperature. I will have to check that this weekend. I am not screwing with it this week.

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                  Are you sure that it's not the washer that's the problem? The belt on my washer has slowly worn out, and each time, the clothes were slightly more wet than the previous wash, getting gradually worse over time. Now I can tell a big difference, but it wasn't immediately noticeable.

I say that... I'm assuming it's a belt that has worn out. I haven't opened it up yet.
                  Never looked at it that way but I could check. The clothes feel normal though when I throw them in the dryer.

Comment

Sounds like vent tube blocked. The chassis of my dryer would get hot but drying the clothes took forever. Vent was about 1/2 blocked off.

Comment

Working...
                    X