Sweating Copper for Out Door Faucets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sweating Copper for Out Door Faucets

Anyone know how to sweat copper pipes so i can put a threaded fitting on the end of the pipes for my faucets outside? I've got some that are leaking, but they're soldered all together.

Anyone wanna do it for me?
    I build websites. PM me.

tons of youtube videos on sweating pipes...its not hard, I just redid most of a shower's plumbing.

Use bread to shove in the pipe to keep water from dripping out. It makes a dam and holds the water back. If you dont do this, it will steam the water and you will not get the pipes to solder.

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
      tons of youtube videos on sweating pipes...its not hard, I just redid most of a shower's plumbing.

Use bread to shove in the pipe to keep water from dripping out. It makes a dam and holds the water back. If you dont do this, it will steam the water and you will not get the pipes to solder.
      I didn't even think about watching YouTube.... maybe i'll give it a shot.
      I build websites. PM me.

Comment

Maap gas works better, but a simple propane torch will work. Just make sure you clean the inside and outsides of the pipe really well so its nice and shiny. Add flux to both the inside and outside of the pipes that will come in contact. The flux when heated draws in the solder.

Comment

Might buy some spare copper pieces to experiment on...
          I build websites. PM me.

Comment

Working...
          X