Alarm System Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alarm System Help

I need a tech. We moved a year ago and don't have the code from the previous owners. I'm trying to contact them, but I've got other issues too. I just had to replace the backup battery, and now I've got lights on everywhere. I'm looking for a tech that can make a house visit to clear alerts and program codes for us. I'm in the Frisco/McKinney area. TIA.

-Juice

Call the service provider, they will be able to reset the master code and then you will be able to re-code the panel yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Lone Sailor View Post
      Call the service provider, they will be able to reset the master code and then you will be able to re-code the panel yourself.
      Tried that. The system isn't monitored now, so they won't help. The rate is $85 flat fee plus $17.50 per 15 mins for a tech to come out. I'd rather hand cash for a call to a board member on the side.

Comment

Might help is you give the brand of the alarm panel and old service provide, they're not all the same for programming.

Have you tried disconnecting the alarm panel altogether? That would take care of the problem with the lights. If the system isn't even being monitored then you're not using it, correct?

Comment

Originally posted by Lone Sailor View Post
          Might help is you give the brand of the alarm panel and old service provide, they're not all the same for programming.

Have you tried disconnecting the alarm panel altogether? That would take care of the problem with the lights. If the system isn't even being monitored then you're not using it, correct?
          Good idea. Sorry I left all that out earlier. It's not being monitored, but the sensors, siren, etc. all still work. We're in a development, so I don't see the need to pay $30/mo for monitoring. Both the wife and I have surprise waiting for any unwanted visitors. I've had it unplugged to stop the constant alert chimes, and I tried the reset process described in the manual, but it requires a master code (installer code). I don't have it or the programmed code.

Here's the info:

DSC Power 632 is the brand/key pad model I believe. I'll see what the box/board is next time I take the cover off.

Comment

Working...
          X