Wood splitter needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lone Sailor View Post
    How do you know if you could have someone split you $120 worth of wood or buy $120 worth when he never indicated how much wood he actually had to be able to compare? I don't see a picture anywhere nor any terms defining cord, rick, or fractions of them. I'll bet you a cord of wood that you can't buy a cord of good seasoned wood for $120, let alone a cord for $120 already split. Even if it's a mixed cord I'd have a hard time believing you could get it for $120 and not have a bunch of trash and kindling in there.
    i have employee's that would do it for me for a cash fee or a cord of wood where i live is only $135 PER CORD (4 ft x 4 ft x 8 ft, neatly stacked + delivery)

Comment

Hell I'll buy it all day long at $120 per cord if it's seasoned oak without the filler.
      Firewood Split and Seasoned - $120 (Carthage)
      Date: 2012-01-03, 7:09PM CST
      Reply to: sale-ecfxv-2782033381@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
      Its getting COLD in East Texas! We have your relief here. We have Oak Firewood seasoned and split and will deliver to your home and stack it. We are a small family operation that is trying to make its daily bread with good old fashioned hard work. All of our 5 children help in this endeavor because they want to eat! If you do not want a full cord we will help there as well. We also have Hickory for sale.

Delivery available for Carthage, Gary, And Clayton. Anything farther out may require an additional delivery charge.

$120 a cord if we deliver
      $100 if you are picking up from our Yard here in Carthage.

$70 for half a cord delivered
      $50 if you pick it up. A pickup truck will hold half a cord.

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
      2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

A woodcutter shape a wood in different style and make much attractive.
        Good job dear

Comment

Hell I'll buy it all day long at $120 per cord if it's seasoned oak without the filler.
          We just bought 3 cord @ $120/cord in OK. The drive wasn't an issue because we are up there often, and it's on the way home. The guy even loaded it for that price. Not 100% oak, some good Ash mixed in. Already seasoned as well, from the tornadoes that ripped through the area 2 years ago.
          Originally posted by BradM
          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
          Originally posted by Leah
          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
            i have employee's that would do it for me for a cash fee or a cord of wood where i live is only $135 PER CORD (4 ft x 4 ft x 8 ft, neatly stacked + delivery)
            4x4x8 x1 or 4x4x8 x3?

Comment

Originally posted by fordracing19 View Post
              Firewood Split and Seasoned - $120 (Carthage)
              Date: 2012-01-03, 7:09PM CST
              Reply to: sale-ecfxv-2782033381@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
              Its getting COLD in East Texas! We have your relief here. We have Oak Firewood seasoned and split and will deliver to your home and stack it. We are a small family operation that is trying to make its daily bread with good old fashioned hard work. All of our 5 children help in this endeavor because they want to eat! If you do not want a full cord we will help there as well. We also have Hickory for sale.

Delivery available for Carthage, Gary, And Clayton. Anything farther out may require an additional delivery charge.

$120 a cord if we deliver
              $100 if you are picking up from our Yard here in Carthage.

$70 for half a cord delivered
              $50 if you pick it up. A pickup truck will hold half a cord.

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

The mom and pop outfits are harder to find these days, but it's good to hear they're still out there trying to make their living at reasonable prices. Unfortunately, I'd probably have $60-70 in fuel costs to go get it, as would anyone else living in the Metroplex unless you had alternative reasons for traveling to that area.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                We just bought 3 cord @ $120/cord in OK. The drive wasn't an issue because we are up there often, and it's on the way home. The guy even loaded it for that price. Not 100% oak, some good Ash mixed in. Already seasoned as well, from the tornadoes that ripped through the area 2 years ago.

I could see where that might make it a little cheaper seeing as most of the trees fell when the tornado came through. That takes about 1/4 of the work out of the job. Good find though. If you're heading back up that way anytime soon and feel like picking up more I'll be happy to throw in some cash if you want to bring some back for me.

Comment

When I went to Arkansas to hunt, I saw plenty places that were selling a chord for $50-75. So many trees, people there hardly buy. If I had more time up there, I would of grabbed a trailer load while staying at my friends inlaws place.

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph View Post
                    A woodcutter shape a wood in different style and make much attractive.
                    Good job dear
                    wtf?

Comment

I could see where that might make it a little cheaper seeing as most of the trees fell when the tornado came through. That takes about 1/4 of the work out of the job. Good find though. If you're heading back up that way anytime soon and feel like picking up more I'll be happy to throw in some cash if you want to bring some back for me.
                      That's just where most of this came from. You can always find it that cheap up in our area of OK. As someone else mentioned, East TX is that cheap too. Sae some advertised North of Belton this weekend @ $225/cord. It really depends where you are. I can find $120/cord all day every day, but it's not up the street. But if you're buying 2+ cord, it's worth the drive.

When my truck is back up and running, or has been replaced, I'd be happy to bring one back for you. I think I blew a head gasket last month. Haven't had time to mess with it yet.
                      Originally posted by BradM
                      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                      Originally posted by Leah
                      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Working...
                      X