In Ground Pool Disposal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
    unless you know someone with land that want to make a pond. you could dig.it for them

What does that even mean?

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck_Finley View Post
      I can certainly understand why city code wants it demolished. I talked to a friend of mine about this a while back and he said one problem people might think about if you just fill in a pool and let it sit is that it can sort of 'poison' the soil underneath it and start to spread. I have no idea if it's true or not but the example mikec provided gives some credibility.

Also mike, about how much did it cost for you to do all the demo work?
      My cost? Without factoring in the need to make a profit? The bobcat was $300 a day, they charged another $200 a day for the jackhammer attachement, took two days with that. Another day with the bobcat, four days total with a laborer at 110 a day, then paying myself 200 a day for four days. Add in four truck loads of dirt at $100 a load, then the permit fee of $50, and there ya go. Pool was a damned big one, probably close to 40,000 gallons.

Next one I do will cost them more, trust me on that.
      www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
        I think he's trying to say that you could dig someone's pond for them, and then use that dirt to fill in your pool. Hard to tell though. Most of his posts are incomprehensible.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
          I think he's trying to say that you could dig someone's pond for them, and then use that dirt to fill in your pool. Hard to tell though. Most of his posts are incomprehensible.
          atleast you could tell what i meant.

Comment

I think what he's trying to say is...making pooling.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
              I think what he's trying to say is...making pooling.
              wouldn't it be unmaking pooling? or making ponding?

Comment

Because we actually really like our house and location... and it's only been a year since a $20k kitchen remodel lol

As crazy as it sounds we would use the backyard a lot more if we DIDN'T have a pool.
                You're doing it wrong? My personal opinion, of course.

We just built ours and did not even get a full summer out of it, but love it.
                sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                86 SVO - Sold
                '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Working...
                X