Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

thinking about remodeling the master bath......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thinking about remodeling the master bath......

....but I want to get rid of the tub. It currently has a good size whirlpool marble tub in it and I'm thinking about just building a large walk in shower with multiple shower heads. We can probably count the times we've used the jets on one hand. We've been in this house since 2000 and we'll own It free and clear in 2016. We will most likely move a few years after that and I was wondering if the lack of tub would hurt the resale value or, if we keep it and decide to rent or lease it out, would make it hard to do so.

I know there's a few of you on here that dabble in realestate and I'd like your opinions.
    --carlos

sigpic

When we remodeled our master bath, we ditched the large whirlpool corner tub and just did a frameless glass shower. She put a makeup table where the tub was. Some people will say it will make it hard to sell the house, some people won't. I'm not worried about it.

Comment

Originally posted by projectPONY View Post
      ....but I want to get rid of the tub. It currently has a good size whirlpool marble tub in it and I'm thinking about just building a large walk in shower with multiple shower heads. We can probably count the times we've used the jets on one hand. We've been in this house since 2000 and we'll own It free and clear in 2016. We will most likely move a few years after that and I was wondering if the lack of tub would hurt the resale value or, if we keep it and decide to rent or lease it out, would make it hard to do so.

I know there's a few of you on here that dabble in realestate and I'd like your opinions.
      is there another tub in the house? it definitely won't affect the ability to rent it or the amount the rent is, but it could definitely turn off some people that want a tub. if you do it the right way and make it nice, you shouldn't have any problems, though. i know a good tile guy that can build you a really nice shower, if you decide to do it. he's built a few for me, and they turned out excellent...he's really good at coming up with a nice design based on what you like. here's his info:

john green
      972-890-2366

Comment

Yeah, assuming there's another tub in the house I wouldn't sweat it. We just built a new home and have a corner whirlpool in the master bath. We moved in the first week of Oct and guess how many times we've used it?

Zero. I'm not even sure it works since we've never tried. My kids get a bath in the other bathrooms.
        - Darrell

1993 LX - Reef Blue R331ci
        1993 Cobra #199 - SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by red95gts View Post
          Yeah, assuming there's another tub in the house I wouldn't sweat it. We just built a new home and have a corner whirlpool in the master bath. We moved in the first week of Oct and guess how many times we've used it?

Zero. I'm not even sure it works since we've never tried. My kids get a bath in the other bathrooms.
          tubs are for women to soak/clean their biscuits...most men don't use them. in fact, i can't stand jetted tubs, because if you don't use them, the water stagnates in the lines, so when you actually use it, it pumps out some nasty water. if you haven't used it for a while, fill up the tub, turn on the jets for a little while, drain it, and then fill it to use.

Comment

There is another tub in kids' bath. It's a jack and Jill style bathroom.

Thanks for the info STANGGT40. Is he expensive. I can do the work with my dad's help. He's been doing this kjnd of work for a very long time. The only thing we have trouble with is coming up with a nice design.
            --carlos

sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X