metal building roof raising

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• metal building roof raising

Can a commercial metal buildings roof(20000sqft) be raised? For example if the roof is currently 12ft tall and needed to be 22ft is it possible? Also what does something like that cost per sqft? Thanks!

Originally posted by jewozzy View Post
    Can a commercial metal buildings roof(20000sqft) be raised? For example if the roof is currently 12ft tall and needed to be 22ft is it possible? Also what does something like that cost per sqft? Thanks!
    it is possible, but you have to look at the huge increase in wind loads. providing your columns will fall into spec. if not you could be looking at doing so much work you might as well tear it down and start over.
    first class white trash

Comment

Hmm didn't think of that... The building originally was the correct height then after a storm caved in. The company didn't have the resources to raise it back so they just put it at the current level.

Comment

Sorry, couldn't resist

Comment

It would probably be cheaper to sell it and build another one at the correct height.

There is actually a pretty decent market for used steel building kits, so you could recoup some of the funds.

Comment

metal buildings unlimited 817-478-2533 I have know these guys a long long time, and they do excellent work. Muller metal is the only other place I know of that sales good quality metal buildings, but they are pricey.
            2005 M3 Vert with TSW rims
            2001 Dodge Dakota R/T C/H/I, gears, exhaust, and 125 shot of nos
            2012 Ford Edge

Comment

Working...
            X