No announcement yet.

To go Zero turn or tractor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last year when we bought our house I was debating about this when I was in the market for a larger machine. I finally decided to stick to a tractor style mower. I initially thought overall the zero turn would probably be the better bargain and the better product, but after looking at all of them, pricing them out, and seeing everything first hand, I couldn't get past the cost difference. It didn't make sense for me to pay that much more for a product that wouldn't really save me much, if any, time. I guess if we lived in a subdivision and there were no trees and it was all open then I might have weighed a little more toward to the zero turn. Glad to hear you are liking your machine so far. Those controls are weird as hell, not sure if I ever would have gotten used to them.

Comment

I love my husqvarna 61" zero turn, it's commercial grade with a kawasaki. Had 900 hours when I bought and 3 years old (was used for commercial mowing by my ex's dad's lawncare company so I knew the machine) and was $4000 cash. I mow @ 10 or 11 acres between 4 different locations that my grandma owns around where I live. Once you get used to using it, you'll never want to get on a rider again. We have a gravely 48" commercial unit here at work, for here and my boss's family farm etc, I regularly use it to move customer cars around.

The commercial decks are many times thicker and heavier than residential models. Based on what you are using it for I feel you'll be extremely happy with your investment.

Comment

husqvarna makes a great product! I worked for lowes for almost 3 years, and rarely ever seen one come in with a problem. most the ones that did come back was user error.

Comment

Be a real man!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
            Be a real man!!!!
            Uh, no!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk
            Attached Files
            Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Working...
            X