Question for the painters on the board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for the painters on the board

I'm considering making an offer on a house in CA, and I would like the entire interior repainted, including doors, trim and ceilings. Is there a typical charge per SF, or depneds on the house?

It would be totally unoccupied if that makes a difference. And the same color throughout.

I'm also considering having the bathroom and kitchen cabinets sprayed too. What does this typically run?

House is about 2,500 SF, and has 20 ft ceilings in the foyer.

This would take me forever by myself using a roller, and I would have to rent scaffolding.

Any best guess on cost? And how many days would you guess it would take to spray everything?

Thanks!

Originally posted by UserX View Post
    I'm considering making an offer on a house in CA, and I would like the entire interior repainted, including doors, trim and ceilings. Is there a typical charge per SF, or depneds on the house?

It would be totally unoccupied if that makes a difference. And the same color throughout.

I'm also considering having the bathroom and kitchen cabinets sprayed too. What does this typically run?

House is about 2,500 SF, and has 20 ft ceilings in the foyer.

This would take me forever by myself using a roller, and I would have to rent scaffolding.

Any best guess on cost? And how many days would you guess it would take to spray everything?

Thanks!
    I never bid jobs by the sq ft. Too many varatables. But for painting everything, walls, ceilings, trim, closets cabinets, garage, etc...should be somewhere in the neighborhood of 7/8k. Really depends on crown molding, type of doors and how tall they are. How many windows are in the rooms. A flat wall is 1000 times easier than a wall with 4 windows.

I start one tomorrow thats 2900 sq ft thats gonna be 11k, but there is a lot of wall paper to be pulled and those walls will have to be textured, primed and painted.

How many days? Usually you can count on about 1k a day for 3 men. So 3 men on 8k would be 8 days. And I sure as hell wouldnt spray unless it has acoustic ceilings. That and maybe closets is all we spray interior. By the time you can get everything masked off and covered, you could have already painted it by hand.
    Photobucket

Comment

Thank you for much for the reply! I was afraid it would be that much. I'm thinking I can do it myself for under $1,500 (not including cabinets). I painted everything in my 2,100 SF house in TX myself two years ago, and swore I would never do it again. But if I can save $5k, I probably will. My life would be much simplier if I wasn't such a cheap ass

Comment

Dont blame you a bit. I'm just glad that I do it for a living so I dont have to pay that kind of money. I had my crew paint this one int/ext when we moved in it 10 years ago. Only cost me labor and materials.

I could save you some money on materials if the house were in dfw area, but it might not go so well when they ask me when was I in CA doing work. lol
        Photobucket

Comment

Working...
        X