Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does lumber liquidators really suck that bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does lumber liquidators really suck that bad?

I've started reading reviews on the company as a whole (not necessarily the store in Carrollton or in Ft. Worth) and they are consistently getting 1 or 2 stars

I've done several houses in Laminate with my dad and cousin/brother...whatever.

They have the cheapest (I have found) nearly black wood laminate anywhere. It even has 3mm underlayment attached directly to the 12mm board and that alone will save me time.

They have 20% off Dreamhome (the brand I want) this weekend and 0% financing...anyone have any experience with these guys? Should I avoid and go to HD or Lowes or...recommendations? We want dark dark dark brown or black laminate.

Thanks

I didnt have any issues with them. Im not crazy about the floor and stuff though, not a very solid feel to it. I dont know if the foam underlayment has too much give or what but it still pops almost 3 years later. Could have been the install though so I cant completely blame the supplies. The store and people there were very helpfull though and the price was right.

Comment

Bought a bunch (~1ksf) of 2' 3/4" shorts in jatoba. It was a pain gluing it down (to the slab), but it looks awesome and the wood was perfect. I can't say the same about the bamboo or engineered floors I bought elsewhere... but that's been easily 7 years ago (and isn't laminate).

Comment

Which store(s) did you guys go to?

Comment

East Fort Worth on 820

Comment

I got mine from the 35/Beltline store.

Comment

I have used the east Ft. Worth, Carrollton, and the one in Plano. I have had good luck with all of them. I bought pre-stained engineered from the Ft. Worth location, and hardwood from the other two locations. One of the jobs was utility grade oak and did over 2500SF what a pain. You end up with lots of pieces about 1ft - 2ft long. It is hard to beat their prices.

Comment

i bought about 300sq ft laminate to do both my daughters rooms and they where pretty cheap and the floor looks pretty good

Comment

No issues here with the product or the service I received at the store.

Comment

Working...
                  X