Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need info/help in finding a good straight shaft weed eater.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need info/help in finding a good straight shaft weed eater.

Anyone have any suggestions, or know of a mechanic that rebuilds/tunes them then resells? Also what brands should i be looking at getting as well? Any help would be great!!

Thanks Randy

It depends , I like the 2stroke ryobi for cheap reliable multi use lawn tool but for pure strength and longevity echo commercial is the only way to go . Do not think the crap at home depot sells for 199.99 is echo's commercial grade equipment . But at $200 and under they are all disposable unless you can fix them yourself with other Junkers you find in the trash . Right now you will have a hell of a time finding any good used gear , buy new cheapo or wait till November .
    The only difference between a tax man and a taxidermist is that the taxidermist leaves the skin. -- Mark Twain

Comment

What is the benefit of the straight vs curved shaft? Newb to lawn equipment.
      Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Get an echo very reliable, please don't get a Homelite.
        sigpic
        1987 Mustang LX Coupe, yes it's slow
        1985 Mustang LX Coupe, not slow

Comment

I have been very happy with my troy built 4 stroke i bought last year. Has tons of torque, starts up great every time and no more mixing gas!

Comment

Another vote for Echo 2 stroke, I bought one last season. It's what most of the pros use. Love mine so far.

Comment

I like my Stihl 4mix
              2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                What is the benefit of the straight vs curved shaft? Newb to lawn equipment.
                Doubles as an edger.

Comment

Echo all the way. F home depot and or lowes. I buy my stuff at Foreman's in Colleyville, same price as box stores and they fill it, adjust idle and ensure proper opperation. Even complete and return warranty card for you. Support the small business, get good customer service for life and keep the working man in business!

Comment

Originally posted by Lone Sailor View Post
                    Doubles as an edger.
                    I bought this one from Lowes.. http://www.lowes.com/pd_22985-65481-...Info=Troy-Bilt

I guess I should have bought the straight head.

Comment

I bought this one from Lowes.. http://www.lowes.com/pd_22985-65481-...Info=Troy-Bilt

I guess I should have bought the straight head.
                      You can still use it as an edger, it's just not as ergonomical as the straight shafts.

Comment

Originally posted by Lone Sailor View Post
                        You can still use it as an edger, it's just not as ergonomical as the straight shafts.
                        I am finding that out. At least I have more fence line to edge than sidewalk. I do like the changable attachment features of the model we did get though. The blower attachment is bad ass for our patio and driveway.

Comment

I am finding that out. At least I have more fence line to edge than sidewalk. I do like the changable attachment features of the model we did get though. The blower attachment is bad ass for our patio and driveway.
                          what did you get? I bought a Ryobi (cheap line) and this bitch is giving me problems. I cant get it to stay running. Apparently adjusting the carburetor involves a dremmel tool to compensate for these pac man screws.

Comment

Got an Echo @ my local small engine/lawn equipment place.

Buddy of mine owns a lawn care business and highly recommended echo. I've been very pleased with it.
                            http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

I may have one for sale...

my garage currently looks like a weed wacker repair shop lol

I just got my free craftsman straight shaft running that is able to take attachments.

I have a ryobi straight shaft that also takes attachments that im bout to start working on

also have weed eater brand straight shaft that im rebuilding.

Thing is most of the fuel lines that come in these things suck and rot out and the fillters in the tanks get gummed up.

Comment

Working...
                              X