Sound Deadening a room

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sound Deadening a room

I am going to be working from home at my new job and will be on the phone quite a bit. I want to basically find some kind of sound deadener to maybe flap over the door to the room. Is there anything like that, or any place that has something locally? I don't want to attach it to the door or anything. I just need something that can be rolled up and down over the door maybe?

On thinking about it, maybe I just need to buy some deadener and use some double side tape. I don't want it to be permanent is the whole issue.

Comment

is the door where the sound is coming through?

A heavy curtain (on a curtain rod) will help with that. If the sound is coming from elsewhere you're a bit stuck.

Comment

Originally posted by goofygrin View Post
        is the door where the sound is coming through?

A heavy curtain (on a curtain rod) will help with that. If the sound is coming from elsewhere you're a bit stuck.
        Its mostly the door. Its in the corner of the house, so there is just one wall and the door that the sound comes through.
        Last edited by mstng86; 03-26-2012, 09:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
          Its mostly the door. Its in the corner of the house, so there is just one wall and the door that the sound come through.
          Egg crate foam.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk
          Slow moving projects
          1964 C10 350/700r4
          1992 LX 5.0

Comment

Working...
          X