Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/bbcode/url.php on line 2 Anyone ever used spray foam wall insulation? - DFW Mustangs

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone ever used spray foam wall insulation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone ever used spray foam wall insulation?

I was thinking about this last year, one room still gets hotter in the summer, and cooler in the winter than the rest of the house. Of course, it is a smaller room, and has some large windows, so that is a large part, but the walls are actaully a different temp. compared to other walls in the house. I bought a thermal temp thingie, and can check the temp. of whatever you point it at.

So I was listening to The Ticket today, and heard this commercial for a spray foam place, here in the DFW area too. Anyone heard of, or dealt with foammywalls.com? I was thinking of calling and getting a quote for this one area on the house, see if that helps. It will at least cut down on some noise I guess, if I'm lucky...

This website is for sale! foammywalls.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, foammywalls.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

I'm sure it might help, but it's already been batted (considering it's an exterior wall). The biggest culprit will be your window(s). Years ago, I added a duct to a room like that, and it made a considerable difference. The cost was negligible.

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
      I'm sure it might help, but it's already been batted (considering it's an exterior wall). The biggest culprit will be your window(s). Years ago, I added a duct to a room like that, and it made a considerable difference. The cost was negligible.
      It has a duct already in it, and the air temp coming out is the same as the room next too it. It is the furthest from the unit in the attic too, but I don't think I can really do much more in that area. It is in the front of the house, and the walls face south and west, so it gets sun all day long, the rest of the house gets blocked out (the walls) by the neighbors houses most of the day.

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
        It has a duct already in it, and the air temp coming out is the same as the room next too it. It is the furthest from the unit in the attic too, but I don't think I can really do much more in that area. It is in the front of the house, and the walls face south and west, so it gets sun all day long, the rest of the house gets blocked out (the walls) by the neighbors houses most of the day.
        I added a duct to the room. So it had 2 going to it. The AC company teed off of another large duct so it wouldn't unbalance the system. It just forces more cool air or warm air into the room. It won't solve the problem, but should make the room more comfortable.

Comment

champion spray foam insulation is by far the best and cheapest,
          ask for corey womack cell is 214-995-8103
          he is on the commercial side and can tell u who to call on the residential side
          first class white trash

Comment

Working...
          X