No announcement yet.

It has begun!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What did the cabinets run you if you dont mind me asking?

Comment

I'll have to look at my builders sheet. The guy does everything but AC and septic so some prices are lumped together.

Comment

Originally posted by Droppedlime View Post
        Finishing up the cabinets, so we can get some paint on the walls. Staining the maple was tricky, a slight oversight in picking the wood but I like the tighter grain. Sherwin Williams Armoire Hickory stain on the cabinets.

Maple tends to stain blotchy, is that the problem you had? Next time you can try to seal or use a pre-stain "conditioner" it first. The stain won't come out as dark since it has already absorbed some liquid, but should help even out the color.

Still looks really nice, that is a great house you are building.
        "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
        -Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by slow06 View Post
          Maple tends to stain blotchy, is that the problem you had? Next time you can try to seal or use a pre-stain "conditioner" it first. The stain won't come out as dark since it has already absorbed some liquid, but should help even out the color.

Still looks really nice, that is a great house you are building.
          Yeah, I think it would have been better with a pre-stain conditioner. I think part of the problem was they sanded the cabinets too smooth and the doors wouldn't let any stain in. They came back and hit them with a little rougher grit and the doors started taking the stain.

Comment

Tile almost done, about to start wood floors. Picking out granite tomorrow. I wish I would have never agreed.in the contract to paint the interior to save money. I'd rather take an ass whooping than do that again.

Comment

Wood floors going in and tile grouted.

Comment

Nice

Comment

Looking great, I think your a sadist for taking on painting that. I'd rather pull out my big tie nail out with pliers than paint a new house. I paint my rentals, but I don't care if it's perfect and I don't see it everyday

Comment

All the floors are done. We are nearing the finish line!

Comment

Looking good. Did the put the base trim down before the wood floors?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
                      2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Yes, the baseboards were in before the flooring and then they put the small trim stock. Not thrilled about it, but it doesn't look that bad. They have to cut in the baseboards again now.
                        Last edited by Droppedlime; 02-20-2013, 08:35 PM.

Comment

House is done now, waiting to close. I'm ready to move in to say the least.

Comment

Looks good man. Congrats

Comment

Looks really good, congrats.

Comment

Looks good; I really like the way the outside is designed with the porch. I can't wait until we get our land and are able to start building. Probably another 2 years or so for us. I hope your wife puts that kitchen to some good use!
                                I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Working...
                                X