Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time for major rennovatiosn to begin, questions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time for major rennovatiosn to begin, questions...

We are starting and going to finish the upstairs of our home first. We basically have all paint done as of now, just tow more rooms to paint. We will be tearing out the carpet and replacing it, retexturing all the ceiling and moving two fans.

My question is the upstairs full bath is basically our guest bath. It is worth going all out for this bathroom with granite surround in the tub and all, or just go simple with the white surround or tile...we are having hell making this decision!

In my opinion, it really needs to match the rest of the house. By that I mean having a fancy bathroom with builder grade everywhere else is going to be a waste of money as far as a return investment. Same goes for having a builder grade bathroom and then fancy everywhere else. If you're planning on being in the house for a long time and aren't concerned so much with the return investment then just do whichever you like and what makes you happy.

Comment

If you're tearing it all out anyway, spend a few extra bucks and do it right. It's not that much more money to use nicer materials. If you don't want to use granite for the countertop, use cultured marble. Labor on a tile surround is about the same no matter which tile you use. It may vary some, but not much.

Comment

We were thinking just the simple 200$ shower surround and a simple tub, our thoughts have changed to a mid range whirlpool spa type and possibly granite surround. They have the surround kits for 12-1400 and the tub for 4-600, so it is about a thousand more total than what was planned, but i think it would be well worth it if we decide to go that route.

Do they make non drop in whirlpool/spa style tubs? I can not seem to find any that do not require a wall to be built

Comment

Working...
        X