Laundry Room Makeover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laundry Room Makeover

I've been on an organizing and improving kick around the house here lately. Did some decorating for the Girlfriend via some window valances last week. Fast forward to today. We walk into our house from the garage which leads into the laundry room. It stays in a constant state of disarray. I got to looking around, and decided it was time to make some improvements. The first thing I'm doing is building a bench/table by the dryer. A place to put the cat food so our dogs don't devour it, and also a place to work and stack folded laundry. I cleared out the corner behind the door and beside the washer/dryer and started re-purposing an old workbench that has been traveling from house to house with me for about 12 years. I stripped the legs, cut it down and mounted it to 2x4's screwed to the wall. I'm not sure I'm happy with the one leg standing there by its lonesome, I may change to an angled support. I still need to rip another inch off of the back of the table to set it back from the door jamb enough for the trim. I plan to finish the edges with some pine, along with a "back splash" of the same. If I leave the standing leg, I will probably wrap it in the same wood to match. Not sure yet what I am going to do for the top. Any suggestions? The current top material is OSB, I'm not sure how a veneer will adhere to the OSB.

Next up will be to tackle the other wall, finding a way to organize the laundry baskets and open the space up and keep it more clutter free. Any ideas here? I'm thinking a standing basket rack, something that allows us to stack them so that they are at an angle and accessible/removable.
    Originally posted by Leah
    Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Looks like a nice addition. If you're planning on very much weight being on it then that one leg is a little suspect. I'd be more comfortable with at least one more leg on the opposite front corner.

Comment

It shouldn't see too much weight. The opposite corner is supported with a 2x4 anchored to the wall. Essentially an L-Frame on the wall that the top is/will be screwed in to

Comment

Yeah, I always do the "too much is just right" when I'm building stuff. lol

Comment

Maybe your next project in there could be to add a knob to her dryer. It appears to be missing one.
            Ford
            GM
            Toyota
            VAG

Comment

Originally posted by quikag View Post
              Maybe your next project in there could be to add a knob to her dryer. It appears to be missing one.
              Yeah. I tried! They no longer make a knob for that dryer. I search around every so often to see if I can locate one. I had the repair man call a couple of vendors and no one can get it.

Comment

Comment

Its not 100% finished, I need to stain/seal the wood and do something for a veneer/top for the counter, that OSB is NOT staying. I also hung a clothes rod above the table. Its a relatively cramped space, so its not the best location, but it will get the job done.

Comment

Working...
                  X