replacement cabinet doors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replacement cabinet doors

I want to update my 30 year old cabinets with new modern looking doors and hidden hinges. Lots of places on the net, was wondering if anybody had any personal experience? Going to paint them white, so I dont really care what wood is used...

Are you looking to do all the work yourself or contract it out?

Comment

Do it myself.. other than buying prefabbed doors.

Comment

We did this but we paid a shop to have custom doors made. Check your cabinet construction. You may be limited on hinges if you are going for a modern look with minimal cabinet reveal.

We had traditional golden oak Home Depot cabinets with 3/4" reveal. We went to newer, more modern full overlay design and for this, we had to cut back the sides of the cabinet to get the hinge set back far enough. Looks a little gnarly but not seen with cabinet doors closed so we didnt care.
        Handyman, classic car and antique jukebox collector/restorer, and all around good guy.

sigpic

Comment

Ya that is almost exactly what I want to do. Have any pictures (inside and out?) thanks!

Comment

I built my cabinets my self and had the doors made. Concealed hinges and all ran about 11.25/sqft maple. www.douglascabinetry.com here in Greenville

Comment

Working...
            X