Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HVAC guys, I need some help. Problem with indoor blower motor.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HVAC guys, I need some help. Problem with indoor blower motor.

It's a Ruud Upflow furnace unit model UGDG-075AMGR. The original problem is that the indoor blower motor won't shut off.

So far I've:

- Replaced batteries in digital programmable thermostat.

- Verified that the fan ALWAYS ON function on the thermostat is NOT engaged

- Removed thermostat & fan still runs

- Made sure that the thermostat is telling the fan to shut off

- Replaced the limit switch with a new Protech 47-25349-02 replacement

Then I happened to see a small spark flash through the small vent hole in one of the relays. From what I can tell it's the relay that controls the fan. So I then bought the Protech Board since the relays aren't removeable.

The board in there now is a Honeywell ST9101A-1014. When I went to get another one I was told that Rheem has said that the Protech 62-24084-82 board is the one I should use to replace it. I bought the board but I want to make sure I hook up the wiring correct. The paperwork that came with the Protech board is basically useless.

I tried to attach the pics but the site is not wanting them. I do have the pics in a thread I posted up on a DIY forum here. http://www.diychatroom.com/f17/repla...inside-163364/

As I posted over there, after sitting here and really looking it all over I think these are the proper hookups from the old to the new board.

On the Honeywell I have wires connected at:
    Heat
    Cool
    M1
    M2
    N - two of them
    S
    C
    X

So this is what I'm thinking.

Honeywell Protech
    Heat ----> Heat
    Cool -----> Cool
    M1 -----> M1
    M2 -----> M2
    N -----> Neutrals
    S ----- SEC
    C ------> COM
    X ------> XMFR at the L1 location

So this is where I'm at right now. Any input is much appreciated.
    "You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating Fruit Loops on your front porch"
Working...
X