Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question for those who have used Shark Bite products.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fordracing19 View Post
    I use the pex crimp fittings. Cheaper and you aren't relying on a spring and oring for it to seal.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

That doesn't work on copper.

Comment

I used them in my old house with no issues. Saved me about 3 grand and no concrete was busted on the slab. If this house ever has a leak I will do the whole house. Alot of new houses are using this stuff also. Old plumbers hate the stuff because anyone can use it.
      Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Funny you would mention this. I got a call on my rental last weekend. The yard had flooded on the east side of the house because PEX supply line had pulled out of the plastic union. There has been some ground shifting. My new driveway has dropped about 4" and it appears the water meter is moving away from the house and finally pulled out of the union. The Home Depot guys were recommending SharkBite but I was leary of it and went back with plastic PVC compression fittings as previous.
        Handyman, classic car and antique jukebox collector/restorer, and all around good guy.

sigpic

Comment

I heard from a plumber that Shark Bites are now approved for under slab use. I'd say that's a pretty safe bet, if that's true. As someone else mentioned, it seems to be the older plumbers that are set in their ways that don't like them. Probably also has something to do with their labor hours being reduced because it only takes a matter of minutes to change one out. I've got several, and have had no issues. I will add, however, that all of mine are easily accesible, not behind walls, etc.
          Originally posted by BradM
          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
          Originally posted by Leah
          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by petyweestraw View Post
            Yeah that was just a guess. Thanx. Now I know lol.
            Only reason I know that is from working at Lowe's. HAha had a plumber correct me one day..

Comment

Working...
            X