Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interior painting roller and brush or spray rig?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior painting roller and brush or spray rig?

One room is almost finished and 6 more to go. Is masking trim,windows,carpet, and ceiling and spraying paint any faster than rolling paint? Shit this sucks

Tell me about it. I rolled everything, sprayed the baseboards and crown the cut in around them. Don't know if it is the best way but it is what I did.

Comment

It takes a shit load of time either way. I always just roll it, paint the trim with a cutter brush. Painting sucks shit, but I'm good at it. I guess I'm just anal, and I refuse to pay for work I can do myself.

Comment

Tape windows, baseboards, door trim, and spray everything walls and ceiling.
        07 GT500
        05 SRT10
        88 turbocoupe T-bird
        93 Cobra
        86 coupe
        Ducati 848

Comment

I'll be doing this soon as well as removing popcorn from the two living rooms. Probably get some one to do the exterior. i am not looking forward to it.

Comment

spraying saves the most time when it's a new build or remodel...

Comment

any good pointers for guy who wants to try to do it himself and has never painted?

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
                I'll be doing this soon as well as removing popcorn from the two living rooms. Probably get some one to do the exterior. i am not looking forward to it.
                <--- just got done with scraping and texturing the ceiling. About to start the paint.

If you've never scraped popcorn before, take a garden sprayer and lightly mist the popcorn, give it a minute then when you hit it with the scraper it should just fall off.

Comment

Just be aware that there could very well be asbestos in that old "popcorn".

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post

Very true, though from what I've read they had stopped that practice in/around '76-'78.
                    www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

Personally I would say roll it unless you are experienced with spraying paint and using a spray rig. It's certainly not rocket science, but if you are trying to figure out how to use the machine (and correct any malfunctions that come up), and how to apply it correctly you will probably spend more time spraying than you would rolling. My .02
                      "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
                      -Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

Comment

two people who know what they are doing can spray a couple rooms quicker than rolling/brushing. By yourself, its not much of a time savings.
                        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post

thats what worries me. house was biult in 64'.

Comment

I sprayed all of my interior doors outside, rolled the walls and brushed the trim.

Comment

I'm for spraying myself. You do have to tape everything off and be sure to cover your floors with some drop cloths...but it is way faster than rolling it, however the downside is that you tend to go through more paint.

I'm finishing out a ~1000sq ft addition on my house...it has 10' ceilings and an area in the stairwell that is about 25' tall (that was a bitch!). Once we got past the drywall and texture I decided to just pony up for a spray rig instead of renting one....Home Depot gets $90/day for their units. I found one of these Ryobi units on sale for $169, and it has been a great investment......

I think if you look around you could probably find one cheaper than that.
                              70' Chevelle RagTop
                              (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Working...
                              X