No announcement yet.

Dilapidated detached 1 car garage demolition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rent a tractor with a front end loader, and a dumpster, and go to town. If my tractor was closer, I'd come knock it down for free, because crap like that is too much fun. Don't forget to disconnect any electrical first.
    Originally posted by BradM
    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
    Originally posted by Leah
    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

ran across this site. might have some ideas for the new shop/garage.
      Garage design & tool discussion for the working man,,,

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
        Rent a tractor with a front end loader, and a dumpster, and go to town. If my tractor was closer, I'd come knock it down for free, because crap like that is too much fun. Don't forget to disconnect any electrical first.
        I just submitted a quote request for a medium sized backhoe with jack hammer attachment. So, I plan on doing exactly what you said. I also have some trees/bushes that I have wanted torn out for a long time as well as a chain link fence. Should be fun!

Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
        ran across this site. might have some ideas for the new shop/garage.
        http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/
        Garage Journal is awesome! I always recommend it to somebody looking to do something garage related.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
          I might throw a GTG at my place on the 13th if you feel like making a trip to Haslet.
          If you have a GTG, I probably won't make it. I was looking at my schedule and this is the only weekend I can do the garage demolition. Next weekend I am riding my dirtbike followed by going out to the Sand Pit to shoot on sunday.

Worst part about vacations is I wind up working harder on vacation than I do when I am in Afghanistan.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike K View Post
            If you have a GTG, I probably won't make it. I was looking at my schedule and this is the only weekend I can do the garage demolition. Next weekend I am riding my dirtbike followed by going out to the Sand Pit to shoot on sunday.

Worst part about vacations is I wind up working harder on vacation than I do when I am in Afghanistan.
            Tell me about it. I am on daddy duty for a 5 month old so my MIL and wife get a break. I am gonna have to stay in Dubai for 4-5 days to finally get a break myself.

Everytime before I come home, I make lists of goals down to which places I need to eat at. So I get the time constraint thing. Every minute past not utilized is a minute wasted in my book.

6days and a wake up.
            Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Have you tried hitting it?
              THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Originally posted by Mike K View Post
                I just submitted a quote request for a medium sized backhoe with jack hammer attachment. So, I plan on doing exactly what you said. I also have some trees/bushes that I have wanted torn out for a long time as well as a chain link fence. Should be fun!

Garage Journal is awesome! I always recommend it to somebody looking to do something garage related.
                I've never rented big equipment like that....I'm curious to know what it will cost to rent. I'd guess about $700/day

Comment

Tell me about it. I am on daddy duty for a 5 month old so my MIL and wife get a break. I am gonna have to stay in Dubai for 4-5 days to finally get a break myself.

Everytime before I come home, I make lists of goals down to which places I need to eat at. So I get the time constraint thing. Every minute past not utilized is a minute wasted in my book.

6days and a wake up.
                  Yup... usually the first time I get to relax is on the flight back to Afghanistan.

Originally posted by naynay View Post
                  Have you tried hitting it?
                  Hitting what? The garage? I would still need a way to break up the foundation.

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
                  I've never rented big equipment like that....I'm curious to know what it will cost to rent. I'd guess about $700/day
                  Almost, but not that bad.

Rent equipment from Sunbelt Rentals. With over 14,000 types of equipment and 1100 locations, we can help with your project. Browse products & get a quote today.

Sunbelt's website lists prices to help you determine what is in your budget, but they have all kinds of stuff.

Everyone I work with highly recommends United Rentals, but they don't list prices. You have to contact them to get more information.

Comment

if its the boonies call the volunteer fire department and ask if they want to practice on a building fire. sometimes they will burn it for training and then haul it off for you...

Comment

Mike, who is doing the construction? I need to have a 12'x20' slab built and a kit (everything precut) shed assembled put up and painted. HOA should sign off on it next week.

Originally posted by jewozzy View Post
                      if its the boonies call the volunteer fire department and ask if they want to practice on a building fire. sometimes they will burn it for training and then haul it off for you...
                      Me thinks the house is a little too close for such. Looks to be less than 30' from the main house. BUT, they may want to come practice on cutting up walls to gain entry. Buy beer and they may do all the demo for ya.

Comment

Mike, who is doing the construction? I need to have a 12'x20' slab built and a kit (everything precut) shed assembled put up and painted. HOA should sign off on it next week.

kpc01 on here used them and recommended them back when he had his built. I should probably contact him to see how it is held up, but at the price they advertize it looks like a good deal. I also like that they are a one-stop-shop. I don't want my brother to play the general contractor game trying to coordinate a concrete guy, then coordinate the with the building builder, plus the city inspectors, etc.

Me thinks the house is a little too close for such. Looks to be less than 30' from the main house. BUT, they may want to come practice on cutting up walls to gain entry. Buy beer and they may do all the demo for ya.
                        Yeah, it will probably be too much of a liability being that close to my house. I am going to be honest, I am looking forward to demolishing the garage.

Comment

Trmetal buiot mine too. Great for the price.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
                          2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

That's two people now, that's great to hear! When did you have it built and how is it holding up? Anything you would have changed knowing what you know now?

Comment

Its been about a year. Only thing I would change is make my over hang 15' instead of 10' Mine is 30x40x12 with 10x40 awning. I have 2 mam doors and 2 12x12 doors.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
                              2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Those look great. Don't think my HOA would approve without brick sides and shingles to match our roof though.

Comment

Working...
                                X