8mm laminate planks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8mm laminate planks

I just found a good deal on some laminate flooring and was wondering if 8mm is thick enough.

8mm is just fine, but I always recommend putting the moisture barrier/sound padding down under it.

$50 for 48" x 100' rolls @ Lowes

Comment

go check out Floor and Decor in Arlington or NRH. Their underlayment is about the same prices as lowes but way better. I was completely amazed at their golf ball display to hear the differences between cheap underlayment and the stuff they had. It honestly made laminate floor sounds like real hardwoods. No hollow sound.

Comment

I don't think its enough , I went with 10mm. And if they had the color I wanted I would have went with 13mm.
        And Tims right about the Floor Decor underlay.
        Originally posted by Silverback
        Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

I just did my front office, 10x11. Originally I bought 12mm 6" planks. It was defective and a bitch to put down that thick. I returned it and went to Home Depot and bought 8mm.
          Much easier to put down.

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
            go check out Floor and Decor in Arlington or NRH. Their underlayment is about the same prices as lowes but way better. I was completely amazed at their golf ball display to hear the differences between cheap underlayment and the stuff they had. It honestly made laminate floor sounds like real hardwoods. No hollow sound.
            That is what I did! Huge difference. I went with 8mm and it is fine. I even have my safe on it.

Comment

Working...
            X