No announcement yet.

My remodel thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the cabinet to the left of the opening (sink/cooktop) appears to bowing to the weight... might just be the photo

Comment

• Looks good man!

Comment

• I've been kicking around what type of counter tops I want to do on a split-level bar I built in my media/game room. This is intriguing for sure....especially for the cost savings.

On another note - looks like the same fridge I bought recently.
        70' Chevelle RagTop
        (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

• Updates?

Comment

• What did you use for structure inside the countertops? A product from the countertop company?
            2006 Civic SI
            2009 Pilot
            1988 GT
            CRF50

Widebody whore.

Comment

• Been a while since I updated... We had Thanksgiving with my family and hers this year at out house... So I went around and got some pics. We have been living here but the house still isnt done. Lots of odds and ends to tie up, one tub stall to tile and a couple mirrors for vanities.

This is the mudroom.. I built the whole thing and used an Ikea butcher block countertop as the seat

Hall desk - This is part of the garage, the pantry is on the left and this hallway connects to the kitchen.

Garage bathroom conversion shower. Still need shower glass but its not in the budget right now

The kitchen. Ikea cabinet boxes, custom made shaker doors (made locally) painted in Benjamin Moore Simply White. Sink is a Kraus 36" single basin with Kraus faucet. Subway tile backsplash, simple crown moulding, no baseboards yet. The counters are poured concrete with a offwhite micro topping. Didnt originally plan on microtopping but it needed it and we love the "distressed" look. The range hood cover is pallet wood. Samsung fridge and dishwasher. Sharp microwave drawer. Bosch induction cooktop and whirlpool gold oven.

Comment

• Dining room. Restoration Hardware Frech Urn 8' table with 8 temporary outdoor chairs. Lights are from CB2

Living room. Not many changes but we have a couch and moved the fan from the office to the living room

Hallway bathroom. If you saw the earlier pictures, it was straight out of 1960. Still need mirror and vanity light. This is where the tub stall needs to be tiled. Its a 48" vanity in BM Simply White with 3cm carrara marble and square sink. Moen faucets for all the bathrooms.

Master bath. I built vanity (all of them through the house). Same carrara marble 3cm with square sinks. The mirror isnt done and needs paint.

Last couple pics... Master shower - we skipped the tub. All porcelain tile in carrara. Grohe thermostatic valves with moen spray heads. The rainshower head is made by Alfi (from Amazon).

Comment

• Beautiful. Wouldn't change a thing.

Comment

• Spectacular! I see a side business in the future for you dude!

Comment

• That looks really really nice. I'm impressed.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Holy crap!! Magazine worthy for sure! You have skills my friend!!

Comment

• That looks real fuckin' nice, dude! But then it better, you said you'd be done a year ago, and you're still not finished

Comment

• Thanks guys... means a lot. I feel accomplished though its been a beating. I should have finished long ago but a lot was unexpected. Didnt plan on rewiring the house, replumbing the house, soffits and fascia, roof, etc. Im glad we did it while it was all apart but it added a shitload of time and money. The money part slowed us down quite a bit as I decided to try and work more to not go into debt. We do have some debt outside the house note but I'd say 90% of the remodel money was paid cash. We are about $50k into the remodel.

Comment

• Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
                              We are about $50k into the remodel.
                              $50k into your $30k remodel

That's what I was trying to relay on page one of this thread. That's just the way these things go, especially if you do things right. And it appears you certainly are. Nice work.

Comment

• Originally posted by UserX View Post
                                $50k into your $30k remodel

That's what I was trying to relay on page one of this thread. That's just the way these things go, especially if you do things right. And it appears you certainly are. Nice work.
                                Definitely over budget...but its where I didnt plan on spending.
                                Electrical supplies $2k
                                Soffits/Fascia - $6500
                                Roof - $4500
                                Plumbing - $2000

If I didnt have to do the extra things...Id be about $5k over which isnt horrible. My goal was $30k but said it would be $30-40k on the first page. I was wrong and it cost more. Im $200k into a 2100sqft house on an acre of land. Im still thrilled.

Comment

Working...
                                X