Shower without a door? Any opinions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
    No, but I am a veteran. I have used those showers without any complaints btw. I will do one whenever we change things up, since we are in a new house.
    BMC or BMCS is a Chief or Senior Chief Boatswain's Mate here in the Coast Guard...which is why I asked. Thank you for your service. I'm still active, considering separating so I can settle here in TX (home).

I digress. Thanks for the input everyone. I've got some research to do...

Comment

Originally posted by Leah View Post
      that looks epic and epically expensive

Going to do shower remodel as well but was just going to do a wall that has 3 levels and then a door at end.

This thing is going to be like 5 feet long by 30 inches wide since I have the room soon.

Comment

If the space is big enough a no door might work but obviously shortly after you shot off the hot water it is going to start cooling down. Our remodel would not have allowed for us to gain the space for a no door set up. The glass is not hard to keep clean you just have to keep a squeegee in there.
        Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Im all about the no door setup. What happens to all the people with a bathroom with a tub/shower combo. You shut the bathroom door and the water will heat up the whole bathroom.

When we remodel the house we are getting, we are going without a shower door. Not only is is easier, frameless glass is expensive.

Comment

No shower door FTW.

Edit: I wouldn't want a pony wall though. I would consider extending the glass close to the ceiling to help trap some of the hot air since hot air rises.
            Last edited by mustang1200; 05-13-2013, 08:38 AM.
            sigpic

Comment

I have no issues with ours. I will have to get some pics.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
              2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Kinda hard to get pics of the inside.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
                2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

I like the doorless showers, I wish I could have one in my master without a ton of work.

BTW, put some rainx on the glass door, it helps keep it cleaner longer.
                  "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Both showers look large enough that doors/enclosures aren't necessary to keep splashing contained, but they would certainly help hold warmth. A frameless door could be done pretty cheaply on the first shower posted, but enclosing the white shower may cost more than you're looking to spend. If you decide decide to have glass installed pm me, I can save you some money.

Edit: rainx does wonders for keeping glass looking nice.
                    Big Rooster Racing "Dare to win well."

Comment

Originally posted by 85whtgt View Post
                      Both showers look large enough that doors/enclosures aren't necessary to keep splashing contained, but they would certainly help hold warmth. A frameless door could be done pretty cheaply on the first shower posted, but enclosing the white shower may cost more than you're looking to spend. If you decide decide to have glass installed pm me, I can save you some money.

Edit: rainx does wonders for keeping glass looking nice.

Doesn't the newer glass come with some kind of coating that helps the soap scum to release easily?

I want to go doorless. The only reason I can think of for glass, is to see the mirror reflection of a woman's tits smashed up against the glass when I'm fucking her. That's a lot of money to pay just for that.
                      Originally posted by BradM
                      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                      Originally posted by Leah
                      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

We installed a new glass door in ours, after 10 yrs nothing could get it clean. Now we use Barkeepers friend and RainX to keep it nice and clean/clear.
                        Originally posted by Silverback
                        Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Lime Away with minor scrubbing is the only thing that will make shower glass look new.
                          Last edited by Leah; Yesterday at 10:18 PM.

Comment

I take scalding hot showers, and I love the cold transition when I step out. I wouldn't be worried about air temp. That round one Leah posted looks badass!

Comment

Damn you guys, I need to do my kitchen first.
                              Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Working...
                              X