Toilet-tank to bowl leaking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toilet-tank to bowl leaking

I don't get this and must be doing something wrong. Toilet leaks only when flushed between tank to bowl. I have new bolts and washers, new rubber seal under flush valve inside tank, new thin washer between tank and plastic lock nut, and new rubber gasket between tank and seat.

I've had it off and on 5 times this morning. About to put a big ass bead of silicon on it.....

Get a thicker tank to bowl gasket or look for one specific to your toilet brand or it might need to be a lil snigger

Comment

Or I could come fix it for you I'm a journeyman plumber lol

Comment

Overtightening?

Comment

Contact naynay.

God bless.
          It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Smashmix View Post
            Get a thicker tank to bowl gasket or look for one specific to your toilet brand or it might need to be a lil snigger
            ^^^ this

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
              Contact naynay.

God bless.
              Too many stipulations, then he'll no show.

Comment

Well it was the gasket- This one needed some special one. Got it all sealed up and not leaking then for some odd reason I decided an extra half turn on the tank bolts were in order.

Crack.....epic fail. Off to Depot to pick up a new one

Comment

Originally posted by 95DRGT View Post
                  Well it was the gasket- This one needed some special one. Got it all sealed up and not leaking then for some odd reason I decided an extra half turn on the tank bolts were in order.

Crack.....epic fail. Off to Depot to pick up a new one
                  We must have gone to the same plumbing school.

Comment

I bought a universal rebuild kit and I had the same problem that you did. The old Gerber toilet took the bigger gasket. I had to go to three places to find it.

Comment

One time when I was shaving my balls over the toilet I had my foot up on the tank. It caused the tank to lift off the seal on one side dumping the tank on the floor. Good times.

Comment

Originally posted by TeeShock View Post
                        One time when I was shaving my balls over the toilet I had my foot up on the tank. It caused the tank to lift off the seal on one side dumping the tank on the floor. Good times.
                        Nice visual! LOL!

Comment

Working...
                        X