Whats a 4" driveway cost per sqft?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats a 4" driveway cost per sqft?

I'm just about finished with a detatched 24x24' garage behind my house. I need about 500 sqft of driveway poured. The ground is almost xcompletely flat and the soil is all sandy loam so zero clay. What can I expect to pay for a 4" pour? Anyone here do this? Any alternatives to concrete like a crushed concrete base that can get my by for a year and then pour over it as a base?

Last edited by Diabolic; 05-22-2013, 07:33 AM.

Bout $3.50 ft

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Reccomend anyone?

Comment

Mesta Concrete in Ft Worth did my shop.

2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Was that a kit? I have been eyeballing shops my self and like to hear actual costs.
          Whos your Daddy?

Comment

No I just built it from scratch. I bought the Trusses from Mansfield Truss Company. 4 of us put it up in a day and a half. I reccomend doing it in the fall or early spring. It was too damn hot this past weekend.

Comment

17 trusses?! Did you design the garage or is this a standard size/build per truss.

Alltrusstexas.com in mansfield?!
              Last edited by 4.6coupe; 05-22-2013, 10:09 AM.
              ./ ____ _ _\.
              (]]]_ o _[[[)
              \o_FORD_o/
              |__|.....|__|

God closes doors no man can open, God opens doors no man can close. Revelations 3:7-8

Comment

Overbuilt wont hurt but damn...trusses are normally on 24" centers from my reserach. Also, is a single jack stud enough to properly support that beam? I think it needs double jack studs and a king stud. One last thing...can you pour a driveway that close to the property line?

Comment

Nice place. No man door?

I would go the crushed gravel route as a base while I saved for the concrete. Then again I have shit for soil and would need the extra insurance the crushed base would give me.

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                  Was that a kit? I have been eyeballing shops my self and like to hear actual costs.
                  Same here. I am approved for a 12'x20' barn style shed but I am not so sure I want to go that route now. I kind of would rather just go full tilt and do a garage/in-law suite.
                  Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Where are you located? I can get you set up to have it poured for a good price probably.

He said $3300 give or take as a rough estimate.
                    Last edited by BMCSean; 05-22-2013, 11:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 4.6coupe View Post
                      17 trusses?! Did you design the garage or is this a standard size/build per truss.

Alltrusstexas.com in mansfield?!
                      ^^^^ Yes that's the place. TI just sketched it up in my head and ordered the 2x6's from Home Depot. The Trusses are 19.2" on center so its easy to place the roof decking in place.

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
                        Overbuilt wont hurt but damn...trusses are normally on 24" centers from my reserach. Also, is a single jack stud enough to properly support that beam? I think it needs double jack studs and a king stud. One last thing...can you pour a driveway that close to the property line?
                        It has 2 jack studs and 1 king stud in place right now on each side and will have 4 jack studs on each side once the garage door is installed. It's a 20' Glu-Lam above the door. I frqamed it as per the instructions of the Glu-Lam company.

Comment

Stangin4lyfe sent me a good connect for the concrete and I will be meeting with him Friday. 25x30' slab and a 20x10 section of recycled asphalt.

It's getting insulated with spray foam, and the garage door, 18'x9', will be steel on both sides and insulated. it will have a jack shaft opener so I don't kill the overhead height. It will get a a 1 or 1.5 ton AC system, and a single 30" entrance door on the side. A 2 post lift in the center, over from one of my rentals for powder coating, and a 5hp compressor.

Comment

Looks short to put a lift in.

2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

10'10" to the bottom of the rafter from the slab.

Comment

Working...
                              X