lawns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lawns

its summer a lots of yard work to do. might as well start a thread for anything lawn related. any other places beside home depot and lowes to buy fertilizer, whats also good to help the grass spread to bald areas.

Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
    its summer a lots of yard work to do. might as well start a thread for anything lawn related. any other places beside home depot and lowes to buy fertilizer, whats also good to help the grass spread to bald areas.
    good question I'd say grass seed, but as soon as i drop it my yard gets filled with birds helping themselves.....and it seems my yard has been overrun with rabbits and my pit just wants to chase them and not catch/kill them; it's all like a sick game to him.

Comment

What type of grass? St augustine will eventually spread, or you can prep and lay some sod squares. It is getting warmer so it will take a LOT of water. Bermuda or other seeding grasses, you can get a small bag of seed and prep and seed the thin/bald areas, again, it will take a good deal of water due to the heat

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
      Originally posted by Leah
      Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

dont know what kind of grass, it has spreader just dont know anything about lawns.

Comment

dont know what kind of grass, it has spreader just dont know anything about lawns.
          then post pics...

Comment

Does it appear to be single blades of grass, or are the blades on "runners"?

Comment

they are on runners.

Comment

Then you have st augustine. You could do one of two things. Prep the bald areasby breaking up the top 2-3" of dirt, level with top soil if need be. Add a little starter fertilizer (I use scotts) and cut sod to fit in the holes, then water daily for two weeks. Or using the same prep, direct loose runners into this area. As the start to spread just turn them over the bald areas and water regularly.

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
                  Then you have st augustine. You could do one of two things. Prep the bald areasby breaking up the top 2-3" of dirt, level with top soil if need be. Add a little starter fertilizer (I use scotts) and cut sod to fit in the holes, then water daily for two weeks. Or using the same prep, direct loose runners into this area. As the start to spread just turn them over the bald areas and water regularly.

Not necessarily. I have some grass that has runners just like St Aug. but is has narrow, thin blades of grass.

Comment

That depends entirely on why the grass is not growing in the bald areas. Could be too much shade, could be that it's not getting enough water, it could be that the soil isn't balanced. You need to determine why it isn't growing there, to properly know how to fix it.

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
                    Then you have st augustine.
                    This isn't accurate. Bermuda has runners as well.
                    Originally posted by BradM
                    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                      hence why i asked for pics

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                        Didn't realize that. Disregard my post!

Comment

Working...
                        X