One room warmer than others...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One room warmer than others...

So, we live in a 2 story that has 2 large units. Our bedroom has a west facing window with tint on it and it is probably 5 degrees warmer than any other room upstairs.

Even if it's gloomy outside during the day, at night it is still much warmer in there. I'm not so confident it being west facing is the problem entirely.

If the A/C is on you can feel a decent rush of cold air, but not like the other rooms. Could this be just the farthest point in the piping or possibly something blocking some of the piping?

Upstairs and west are bad bad bad. Your other suspicion may also be true. Are you far from the return vent?

Comment

The return vent is actually right above the bedroom door on the outside ceiling.

All the other rooms seem to cool properly though, so i'm not so sure it's an upstairs issue. Though, this is the only west facing window upstairs.

It just doesn't seem like the window is causing it completely since it won't really cool down at night. We tested by leaving the door open during the day to normalize the temps and it felt like everywhere else in the room. In the evening, we shut the door to sleep and it got stuffy compared to other rooms.

Comment

I'm dealing with that right now also. Only difference is that our bedroom is downstairs. Part of the issue is the west facing exterior wall and the lower floor's thermostat is in the main living area which I think gets a lot of cool air spilling over from the up stairs section.

Comment

How old is the home. Check for issues with the duct, as well as any hotwall insulation in the attic

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
          Originally posted by Leah
          Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
            How old is the home. Check for issues with the duct, as well as any hotwall insulation in the attic

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
            Built in 2003, but a few years ago it was struck by lightning and had to be repaired. When it was repaired they added a ton of insulation. During the summer the electric bills are 120-150.

Comment

I had this issue in my media room. It was due to it being the furthest away from the pleunum. I fixed it by going to Home Depot and getting a booster fan and wired it to kick on when the upstairs AC comes on.

Comment

too much vaping is causing your rise in temps.

god bless.
                It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                  too much vaping is causing your rise in temps.

god bless.
                  Do you make any serious posts? Go back to the backporch...

Comment

Originally posted by Venom View Post
                    I had this issue in my media room. It was due to it being the furthest away from the pleunum. I fixed it by going to Home Depot and getting a booster fan and wired it to kick on when the upstairs AC comes on.
                    Interesting. I bet that would resolve the problem, but I am only staying here temporarily till I buy my own home. I might just have to deal with it for a little while...

Comment

Originally posted by Skidmark View Post
                      Do you make any serious posts? Go back to the backporch...
                      dont get all hot tempered, bro.
                      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

yeah. he all hot and bothered.

god bless.
                        It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

and you wonder why people are leaving the board... trolls in the home improvement forum.

Don't you have some kids to watch while your wife is at work, Elvis? You should probably get to that before your wife fires you and finds someone more capable.

Comment

Originally posted by Skidmark View Post
                            and you wonder why people are leaving the board... trolls in the home improvement forum.

Don't you have some kids to watch while your wife is at work, Elvis? You should probably get to that before your wife fires you and finds someone more capable.
                            i tell you what, i'm currently at work and its freezing in here. i personally blame cooter for pointing out the "new post" function. i dont even look at the forum the posts are in. and fyi: aside from 2 months with a broken foot i've worked every day since i was 16 yrs old. in the spirit of keeping this cordial, i would appreciate if your hot ass could leave my wife and kid out of things. also i have switched to gold bond from johnsons baby to help combat swampass. you should look into it.

god bless.

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                              i tell you what, i'm currently at work and its freezing in here. i personally blame cooter for pointing out the "new post" function. i dont even look at the forum the posts are in. and fyi: aside from 2 months with a broken foot i've worked every day since i was 16 yrs old. in the spirit of keeping this cordial, i would appreciate if your hot ass could leave my wife and kid out of things. also i have switched to gold bond from johnsons baby to help combat swampass. you should look into it.

god bless.
                              Why are you mad? Are you having relationship problems with your wife? Does your child hate you? Is he calling someone else daddy?

Comment

Working...
                              X