Alright, advice needed on smoothing dirt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alright, advice needed on smoothing dirt

Got a bobcat last week and eliminated about ten large dirt/brush piles. Problem is, doesn't look near as nice as I thought it would. I took each bucket, dumped it, moved the bucket over behind it and drug it backwards trying to smooth/spread it.

At is point, what's the best plan of action to resolve this eyesore? Do I need a box blade to smooth it? Or another attachment? I'll go get a pic shortly....

It's hard as hell to smooth something with a bobcat. Box blade is really what you need.

Comment

You are telling me. Think Ill go rent that shredder and box blade and do it that way...

Comment

What's a box blade
        Non tapatalk Sig so the butt hurt va-JJs can stop crying about not being able to turn it off.

Comment

Originally posted by petyweestraw View Post
          What's a box blade

Comment

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Do you know how to use the float while dragging backwards?

Comment

Find a drag harrow or a tiller. If you aren't skilled on a box blade you'll just fuck it up even more and make it look like mini row crops with the ripper teeth down.

Comment

I had the same problem as you, but I was also using a skid steer for the first time and it's difficult turning around without tearing up more ground. Eventually I got it pretty close to smooth by dragging the loader bucket backwards, then I chained up an old chain link gate with haydite blocks stacked on top and pulled it with my garden tractor. That smoothed it out pretty good.

Comment

Working...
                  X