Southerlands home in a box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Southerlands home in a box

Anyone ever looked into these at all? I'm currently looking around for land and trying to decide what route to go with as far as the house. I'm gonna try to get by there in the next couple weeks just to see if I can get a little info on them.

Edit: link http://www.mysutherlands.com/buildingpackages.html
    07 f250-family truckster
    08 Denali -baby hauler
    52 f1-rust bucket
    05 Jeep tj. Buggy
    livin the double-wide dream

No 1500sq footers?

Comment

Hmm, seems pretty cheap. Would it be just as good/bad to buy a trailer and slap it on the land?

Comment

Do they provide the land? WTF, 24K for a place with land - I'd be in.
        Originally posted by MR EDD
        U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
          Do they provide the land? WTF, 24K for a place with land - I'd be in.

No
          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
            Hmm, seems pretty cheap. Would it be just as good/bad to buy a trailer and slap it on the land?
            I think the issue with either option would be finance. I dont know if you could get a bank to give you a building loan on the house in a box or a trailer house, assuming you dont own the land outright.
            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
              I think the issue with either option would be finance. I dont know if you could get a bank to give you a building loan on the house in a box or a trailer house, assuming you dont own the land outright.
              is a building loan the same as a construction loan?

on a side note can someone get a loan on a "cash only" house? obviously it wouldn't be a regular mortgage but if i found a house that doesn't have the kitchen or baths because the original home builder folded what would my options be?

Comment

Pretty cool.

Comment

Home in a box...just add:
                  All plumbing, electrical, fixtures, drywall, foundation, a/c, etc. Its cheap but there is a ton to add to it. Labor will be expensive as well.

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
                    Home in a box...just add:
                    All plumbing, electrical, fixtures, drywall, foundation, a/c, etc. Its cheap but there is a ton to add to it. Labor will be expensive as well.
                    I haven't gotten over there yet but just reading the description the fixtures are included. Plumbing and electrical have to be inspected so I assumed those. And it clearly states no concrete for foundation.

We were discussing just building the house our selves minus subbing out those 3 items anyway so this seemed like a reasonable idea if they are decent homes
                    07 f250-family truckster
                    08 Denali -baby hauler
                    52 f1-rust bucket
                    05 Jeep tj. Buggy
                    livin the double-wide dream

Comment

cant even click to zoom in on plans who designed this site.

Comment

Originally posted by whitetrash View Post
                        I haven't gotten over there yet but just reading the description the fixtures are included. Plumbing and electrical have to be inspected so I assumed those. And it clearly states no concrete for foundation.

We were discussing just building the house our selves minus subbing out those 3 items anyway so this seemed like a reasonable idea if they are decent homes
                        You really want their chosen plumbing fixtures, lights, toilets, sinks/counters, kitchen counters, etc? You will also get the cheapest ass windows, no insulation, etc. Honestly I dont think their kits are that much cheaper than just trying to do an owner builder. There are all sorts of things you should probably do while building a house including exterior sheet foam, house wrap, decent windows, etc.

Comment

Just buy a double-wide and call it a day. At least you can move it if you want too.

Comment

Those all come out in the $30's/sq. Not including concrete, but I wonder if they include the HVAC. If so it isn't a terrible deal really, but a good friend of mine just purchased a triple wide for $38/sq delivered. It is actually really nice and with brick skirting and a rear detached garage it won't look like it was manufactured. Pretty nice on the inside also.

Comment

Originally posted by dblack1 View Post
                              Those all come out in the $30's/sq. Not including concrete, but I wonder if they include the HVAC. If so it isn't a terrible deal really, but a good friend of mine just purchased a triple wide for $38/sq delivered. It is actually really nice and with brick skirting and a rear detached garage it won't look like it was manufactured. Pretty nice on the inside also.
                              That's what I'm saying.

Comment

Working...
                              X