Squirrel Cage fan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squirrel Cage fan

Anyone ever had this go out on your AC? Sounds like my ac is about to blow up!!

It's pretty simple. There's a cover on the end of it that has a few screws. Pullit off to inspect the cage. Sometimes some trash or a mouse can get in there and throw the cage off balance. I've also had the motor bearings go out (driven by a belt). It's easy to tell once the inspection cover is off. If you don't take care of it, it can throw a breaker from pulling too many amps.

Comment

The cage is probably still good, maybe just dirty or off balance. I had a motor go out on our old unit. Took it to a place in Grand Prairie and they were able to order the correct motor, mounted it up to the cage and I was good to go.

Comment

Yea, i went up there and pulled the panel off. looks like the motor is not centered from what i can tell. I have a home warranty, so they are on their way. F working in a 150 attic.

Comment

Sounds like you could use additional ventilation! Holla!
          www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
            Yea, i went up there and pulled the panel off. looks like the motor is not centered from what i can tell. I have a home warranty, so they are on their way. F working in a 150 attic.
            I'm going to guess this is either a Rheem or Ruud airhandler, probably just a broke blower motor bracket, you can get the bracket kit for around $20.

Comment

Originally posted by turboskull1 View Post
              I'm going to guess this is either a Rheem or Ruud airhandler, probably just a broke blower motor bracket, you can get the bracket kit for around $20.
              I dunno what that is, but the outside unit says Goodman on the side.

Comment

Working...
              X