What Kind of Bug is This?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Kind of Bug is This?

I found three of these on a window today. I guess they could be termites but they sure don't look like any termites I've seen. And they don't look like ants either. Kind of a weird, winged bug-eyed critter with long hind legs. TIA
    Last edited by 46Tbird; 05-08-2018, 08:29 AM.
    When the government pays, the government controls.

my guess is Termite from looking at pics on google just now
    2004 Mustang GT: BBK shorty headers, BBK O/R X, Flowmaster catback, JLT cold air, Trickflow 75mm TB and Plenum, UD pulleys, upper and lower CA's, 3.73, SCT XCal 2 ---- SOLD

Comment

Shit eating bugs! You better look out.
      "Yeeeeehhhhhaaaaawwwww that's my jam"

Comment

Citrus Wasp from Pakistan?

California citrus farmers import a parasitic wasp from Pakistan to battle citrus greening, a disease threatening their groves.

Comment

Hmm. Might be some kind of wasp. They are really tiny though, and are not aggressive at all. You can move them all over the window with your finger. I've killed them all already, lol. If there are more tomorrow, it's time for an exterminator.

Comment

These Citrus wasps are tiny and they are not aggressive. They were just imported to protect the Citrus crops down south and CA. They just feast on aphids. Interesting insect.

Comment

Texas rat wasp?
              Detailing is an Obsession!!

1996 MYSTIC Cobra #405 of 2000

Fox Coupe "Calypso Killer"

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                These Citrus wasps are tiny and they are not aggressive. They were just imported to protect the Citrus crops down south and CA. They just feast on aphids. Interesting insect.
                Hell, I need some of those then.. Our trees are always full of aphids and I'm tired of them shitting all over our cars during the summer.

Comment

We'll need a Dr. Pepper can in the pic for scale, to be absolutely certain.

Comment

Originally posted by Wish4svts View Post
                    Texas rat wasp?
                    Exactly. Very deadly too!

Comment

Apparently, the Home Improvement forum is not the place for quality humor!

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                        Apparently, the Home Improvement forum is not the place for quality humor!

You think the joke forum was?

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                          Hell, I need some of those then.. Our trees are always full of aphids and I'm tired of them shitting all over our cars during the summer.
                          Buy a bunch of ladybugs from a nursery. The one over on Hall Johnson and 360 has them.

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
                            Buy a bunch of ladybugs from a nursery. The one over on Hall Johnson and 360 has them.
                            I keep forgetting about that!

Comment

Don't buy ladybugs they are a waste. Half of them are dead, and the other half go to your neighbors lawn.

Comment

Working...
                              X