water meter box leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• water meter box leak

The water meter box by my driveway is filling up with water. I called the city and they came by and said that the leak is on my end so I am responsible for the repairs. Has anyone dealt with this and what did it cost to fix?

Thanks in advance

Turn the water off and get the sharp shooter out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Had this crop up a couple of years ago. I just dug and spliced a few inches of new pipe in place of the damaged portion. A few dollars, some labor in the summer sun, and it was done.

Comment

You're lucky it's at the meter where you can see it and it's easy to fix.

Comment

sooooooo.... your box is wet?

god bless.
          It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
            sooooooo.... your box is wet?

god bless.

Comment

Had a plumber come and take a look, cost 300 bucks but it should be fixed by tomorrow morning. Luckily it was only about a foot away from the box so it didn't require too much digging.

Comment

thats good. had a gas leak that wound up being in the wall of my garage. its wasnt cheap.

god bless.
                It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by jasone View Post
                  Had a plumber come and take a look, cost 300 bucks but it should be fixed by tomorrow morning. Luckily it was only about a foot away from the box so it didn't require too much digging.
                  If its qwest pipe plan it breaking again.
                  2006 Civic SI
                  2009 Pilot
                  1988 GT
                  CRF50

Widebody whore.

Comment

Originally posted by beefed88 View Post
                    If its qwest pipe plan it breaking again.
                    I forgot the brand the guy said, but he said it was crap and they don't make it anymore. I am selling this house I am in, I am just trying to fix everything that could prevent me from selling.

Comment

Along this same line, my water bill was fucking $110 last month. I went to look at the water meter, and it's VERY VERY slowly turning when everything is turned off. Don't hear any running water in the house, and the outside faucets are not dripping. Any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by Ratt View Post
                        Along this same line, my water bill was fucking $110 last month. I went to look at the water meter, and it's VERY VERY slowly turning when everything is turned off. Don't hear any running water in the house, and the outside faucets are not dripping. Any ideas?
                        are there any wet spots on the yard in between the water meter box and the house. It was really squishy where my leak was.

Comment

Originally posted by jasone View Post
                          are there any wet spots on the yard in between the water meter box and the house. It was really squishy where my leak was.
                          No wet spots, at least that I can find.

Comment

Look in the bottom of your toilets. If you see tiny "waves" or if you hear the bowl refill every once in a while, that can do it.

Comment

Check all appliances and items that use water. Dishwasher, clothes washer, water heater, ice maker line, toilets, sinks/faucets, etc. If you can't find any leaks after investigating all of those places then you may have a slab leak.

Comment

Working...
                              X