Best Zero turns ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Zero turns ?

The quality and diversity of the zero turn mower market is huge. I am thinking of selling my Husqvarna 46 inch yard tractor and getting a bigger zero turn. There is a guy selling a Home depot John deere on craigslist for 3300. Its a 54 inch cut. Says its new and the depot site shows 4 grand..figure that one is hot.. or a scam..
    Any advice ?

I bought a Husqvarna 48 inch Zero turn with the 23 horse kohler engine.. That thing is a boss.

I noticed the john deers at home depot had stamped steel frames, where the ones you buy at john deer didn't. At least in the sizes I was looking at.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Comment

You want a deep deck. The JD 7 iron line of decks are good. Kubota, eXmark, Scag are also excellent.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
      2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Deep deck ? does that mean heavy duty welded ? or actual depth ?
        I mow about 3 acres total. I will probably fence in another acre this winter when I get time..
        really thought about pulling the trigger and getting a Dixie Chopper for about 5 grand.
        I called that guy with the Deere on craigs, shady shit there. I googled his number and is selling some new washer/dryers too... guessing stuff "fell of the truck" kind of deals (does anyone use that phrase anymore?)... Anyway, I low balled at $2700 and he said hell no...

Comment

Originally posted by dcs13 View Post
          Deep deck ? does that mean heavy duty welded ? or actual depth ?
          I mow about 3 acres total. I will probably fence in another acre this winter when I get time..
          really thought about pulling the trigger and getting a Dixie Chopper for about 5 grand.
          I called that guy with the Deere on craigs, shady shit there. I googled his number and is selling some new washer/dryers too... guessing stuff "fell of the truck" kind of deals (does anyone use that phrase anymore?)... Anyway, I low balled at $2700 and he said hell no...
          Deck depth. A deeper deck creates more lift and a better cut. Some of the commercial mowers use a stamped deck with no problem.

2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

I have a Gravely HD and it is a stout mower. You can hop up on the side of the deck and it wont budge.
            Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Deeper deck also helps with discharge.

2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

I'll tell you what is not a great ZT - Cub Cadets. Past that most are upgrades.
                Originally posted by MR EDD
                U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

i have a john deere 60" commercial i use at the ranch/golf course....it had some issues that i wasnt very happy with for a 10k mower, felt worn out after just 1000 or so hours thats the only one i have bought, the front caster wheel weld boke the first week, deck pulley locked up after 3 months, hydraulic motor went out in first year etc..i have/had always bought toro commerical 52" with mulching deck prior and i have only used them for my mowing service, typically they work flawlessly till around 3-4k hours of commercial use , using it yourself i would see much more, the last one i bought was 8800

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
                    I'll tell you what is not a great ZT - Cub Cadets. Past that most are upgrades.
                    I disagree. I have a Cub Cadet RZT with 700 hours currently that I bought in 2006. Absolutely 0 problems mechanically. Just general maintenance (oil changes, belts..) But I'm sure there are some with problems as with every flavor.

Comment

Thanks guys...Was looking on craigs again today, that dude is selling several different mowers now. All brand new...Something's fishy. Here is his number...2144498059. If you search that number on craigs, he's got a bunch.
                      I'm gonna check out the Exmark and Bad boy brands at a place in McKinney
                      Last edited by dcs13; 09-09-2013, 04:24 PM. Reason: added

Comment

Working...
                      X