Fixing sunken driveway?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fixing sunken driveway?

Has anyone here ever had their driveway raised back up? Half of my driveway's slab has broken and started to sink, it's about 2" low on one side, looking pretty bad. I know there are companies that do mud jacking and polylevel, has anyone ever had this done? Can you do it yourself? What does it cost?
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Not sure if this will be of any help, but I have a guy in my store constantly buying bottle jacks. He uses them to fix brick mailboxes and retaining walls, then fills concrete around them after everything is in place. Lol Pretty cheap and he says he has never had a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
      Not sure if this will be of any help, but I have a guy in my store constantly buying bottle jacks. He uses them to fix brick mailboxes and retaining walls, then fills concrete around them after everything is in place. Lol Pretty cheap and he says he has never had a problem.
      LOL that sounds like some pretty ghetto shit, might fix it temporarily, but doesn't sound like a permanent fix.
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Just trying to help!

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
          LOL that sounds like some pretty ghetto shit, might fix it temporarily, but doesn't sound like a permanent fix.
          he raps m&m, whta were you expecting and engineers report>?

god bless.
          It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

It's all the fracking that making the ground sink from beneath your driveway, or at least that's what the tree huggers might say.

Comment

Fracking frackers.

Comment

Park the corvette under it?

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post

Cheap Bottlejacks ......hm..... Harbor Freight ?

Comment

Actually, if you think about it, putting a bottle jack under the sinking driveway, jacking it up to the previous level, and pumping concrete in under it doesnt sound like a bad idea. So what you burn a $20 bottle jack in the process?
                    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

And this is how they do foundation repair

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
                        Actually, if you think about it, putting a bottle jack under the sinking driveway, jacking it up to the previous level, and pumping concrete in under it doesnt sound like a bad idea. So what you burn a $20 bottle jack in the process?
                        Its the pumping concrete under it part that I don't quite know how to do. I would assume you would need it under some pressure to make sure it pushes out under the slab evenly. And, it may very well continue sinking.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post

I couldn't really find too much fault in what the guy said, though I agree. It does sound ghetto as hell!

Comment

i tried mud jacking. one word......chafe.

god bless.
                            It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                              Its the pumping concrete under it part that I don't quite know how to do. I would assume you would need it under some pressure to make sure it pushes out under the slab evenly. And, it may very well continue sinking.
                              Maybe run some PVC under the driveway and pour the concrete through it. Let gravity take over. Fill up the gap. Leave PVC there.

Comment

Working...
                              X