Chipper/shredder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chipper/shredder

I can't burn brush in the city....legally... so I was looking at chippers on craigslist. Any words of wisdom? I've seen one electric guy but kinda skeptical, worth it?

Its a lot of work. Id probably look on craigslist for someone to come do it for you

Comment

While I'm at it let me turn my man card in, cut my balls off and call me Susan. (sarcasm) I'm aware it's work but shits gotta get done and I'm capable of doing.

Comment

Have you looked in to renting one? Unless you are doing it constantly it is probably way more cost effective than buying, maintaining, storing and repairing. I mean, if you have a lot of land and will use it a bunch, buying would certainly make sense.

We have a ton of trees, and I would love to have one, but the decent ones are expensive as fuck.

Comment

Even smaller gas powered chippers dont do that well. I used to help my dad with a gas powered one and the blades are small, can only do something like 1.5" branches, etc. After he got the tractor powered one it was a different story. A 150lb+ flywheel makes a difference in chipping. That being said, that is an $1800 chipper.

Unless you have a shitload of branches, or clearing out a wooded area, I would just pay someone to do it. The other option is to just cut it up into 4' sections and tie it and put it out with the trash. City of Keller told us it didnt matter how much we put out as long as it is cut and tied. We probably put out 80 bushels over a few weeks. Also another option is taking it on a trailer to the landfill and use a copy of your water bill to show you pay. They usually have a weekend or two a month of free dumping.

Comment

Already called about renting one, $200 a day. I figured the ones one craigslists are just a little more.

The city offers every 3rd saturday a free dump of brush with a water bill, only shit part is it'll be December before I have a 3rd saturday off. Hell, I'll see how much I can fit in the trash can every week until then

Comment

Originally posted by 4EyedTurd View Post
              Already called about renting one, $200 a day. I figured the ones one craigslists are just a little more.

The city offers every 3rd saturday a free dump of brush with a water bill, only shit part is it'll be December before I have a 3rd saturday off. Hell, I'll see how much I can fit in the trash can every week until then
              Snap. Didn't think it would be that much! I know I rented one of those trailer mounted log splitters and it was only like $50.. Though, now I think of it, that was just for 4 hours.

Comment

Bought the Craftsman that was on Craigslist yesterday. 4.5hp and it shreds real good. $90 and now my brush pile is paying me back as mulch. Lots of work? Yes, but worth not throwing it all in the trash.
                I'll rent you mine for $90 a day with a $90 retainer....
                (Seriously, if you want to borrow it, let me know.)
                Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
                There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

Working...
                X