Best Lightbulbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Lightbulbs

Who has the best CFL bulbs? So far the ones purchased from Walmart, Home Depot and Lowes all suck. What I currently have are R40's 2700K 26watt.
    sigpic

Every one I have tried sucks ass.

Comment

So what about an LED equivalent?
      sigpic

Comment

I have used the Home Depot ones for years with no issues.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
        2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

What sucks about them? We have CFL's in every fixture in the house and other than taking a few seconds to fully illuminate, i have no complaints.

Comment

Originally posted by lo3oz View Post
            What sucks about them? We have CFL's in every fixture in the house and other than taking a few seconds to fully illuminate, i have no complaints.
            They don't dim with a dimmer switch and I don't like change. I'm going to go light some lanterns now.

Comment

Yeah, we dont have any dimmers in the house, so no problem there.

GL with the lantern, i always fuck up that sock thing after it turns to ash.

Comment

Originally posted by lo3oz View Post

i always fuck a sock

:O

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                  :O
                  Not since junior high.

Comment

Comment

Basically the color never matches between replacements and they don't make it nearly as long as I think they should. I also can't stand that they don't all illuminate at the same time. As they age they change.
                      sigpic

Comment

There are different colors, some more yellow, some more white, you have to stay consistent wit the type. I think it is marked/measured in "K's" I have some bright white ones in the office, and they are 3500 K. Just got some replacement (2 out of 6 were out) and they look exactly the same as the original 4 I was using.

The dimmer will only work with cfl bulbs that are marked for use with a dimmer switch, not every cfl bulb will work with one.

Edit: Home Depot is where I got them

Comment

Yeah all of the ones I've purchased are 2700k. Different brands though. Mostly to try and find a better build. Guess I'll spend the coin and buy a couple led bulbs to try them out.
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X