Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POS Whirlpool dryer

Anyone familiar with clothes dryers?
    When i turn the knob then press the start button, it wont start. I can hear the timer going but it wont go. For a while, if i messed with the timer knob and held it in a setting for a while, it would catch and continue to run on its own. I did a little research and everywhere i go, online, will say that its most likely not the timer. Has anyone else had a similar problem?
    .....bro....

Those things are not hard to work on. Start taking it apart an look for anything that looks blown. I bet it's obvious.

Comment

im thinking its the timer knob since the dryer will start back up, once i hold it in place or turn it slightly.

what sucks is that i dont think i can purchase this part lowes or HD
      .....bro....

Comment

i took the timer off and it has a rattle in it so i assume it needs to be replaced. I found a parts place in E.Dallas, does anyone else know of a place that sells washer and dryer parts?
        .....bro....

Comment

ive got Frigidaire front loads and over the past couple of years i have ordered most of my parts off appliance parts websites. actually what i do is enter the model number and brand then get the part number for the part and search it on ebay and amazon and buy the cheapest with fastest shipping. I can say this. If you ever upgrade to newer units steer clear of the Frigidaire Affinity front loads. they are total pieces of shit if you use them as much as we do. (family of 4 with a shedding american bulldog)

RESIDENT ELECTRICIAN AND WIRING GURU!!!!

Comment

You can order every part for that thing on searspartsdirect and fix it yourself for cheap.

I recently replaced the heating element and high temp thermostat on mine. I think I spent a total of $40 and it took less than 15 minutes to swap parts.

Comment

Working...
            X