trees growing into power lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trees growing into power lines

is that on the homeowner or the city/oncor to take care of it?

Tree limbs are growing into and through the main power lines near my home. These are the pole to pole lines, not the service line. Will Oncor prune these?

​If tree branches have grown into lines in an alley, street or backyard utility easement (this includes all major lines except the service lines that go over your property from the pole to the electric meter or weatherhead), you should call the number on your electric bill to report the situation.
    To report a tree within 10 feet of Oncor’s power lines (not the service line, which is your responsibility to keep clear), call the number on your electric bill to see if an inspection is needed. Additionally, if you see any hazardous conditions, such as sparking, arcing or burning near the line or in the tree branches touching the line, please call 911. Oncor works closely with local police and fire departments during such situations.
    -Rusty E., Oncor Vegetation Management Expert

Comment

Originally posted by 03mustangdude View Post
      Tree limbs are growing into and through the main power lines near my home. These are the pole to pole lines, not the service line. Will Oncor prune these?

​If tree branches have grown into lines in an alley, street or backyard utility easement (this includes all major lines except the service lines that go over your property from the pole to the electric meter or weatherhead), you should call the number on your electric bill to report the situation.
      To report a tree within 10 feet of Oncor’s power lines (not the service line, which is your responsibility to keep clear), call the number on your electric bill to see if an inspection is needed. Additionally, if you see any hazardous conditions, such as sparking, arcing or burning near the line or in the tree branches touching the line, please call 911. Oncor works closely with local police and fire departments during such situations.
      -Rusty E., Oncor Vegetation Management Expert
      I did this one night when a limb from a neighbors fell on the lines and was arcing and on fire. FD pulls up and says "we're not touching that until Oncor gets here".

Comment

Originally posted by jewozzy View Post
        is that on the homeowner or the city/oncor to take care of it?
        Oncor will send out a subcontractor and they will hack up your trees.
        Originally posted by Broncojohnny
        Would you like your reparations in 5.56mm or 7.62mm?

Comment

Originally posted by Samhain View Post
          Oncor will send out a subcontractor and they will hack up your trees.
          Depending on the crew, they may "go easy" on them if you have your wife stand in the back yard with a baby on her hip and yell at them. Though, I wouldn't know anything about that.

Comment

If you let oncor take care of it they are likely to just cut a giant L or U into the the tree to clear it of the lines.

for example

Comment

its the tips of pecan trees so not really much they can do to screw it up i dont think. i appreciate the help guys! gunna give them a call tomorrow want to get this knocked out before another ice storm comes.

Comment

Working...
              X