Wagner for door sprays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wagner for door sprays

Well the house is coming along fine now and i just had 13 new interior doors installed. Took the beat up old junkers out. And I got the new good looking ones from Resdoor.

Things worked out where I had to hang them first and then paint them. Thats just the way it had to be and theyre hung now. I have a bunch of sheet plastic and painters tape so I can mask everything off.

But would one of those wagner units be good enough to spray the doors? I really dont want to paint them with a brush and be able to see brush strokes. Some of the wagner units are $120 or more. For a small job like this it seem like they'd be great. Anyone have experience?
    WH

High quality paint like Sherwin Williams Pro Classic and a brush/roller will do fine.

Comment

Do those home sprayers get paint/dust everywhere liek the professional ones do? When I painted houses we had to tape off the whole room to spray anything in the room. I guess if you are redoing flooring ect this might not really matter though.

I got the first coat on 2 interior doors this weekend. They are the 6 panel doors with a little wood grain texture to them. Having always hand brushed them before I decided to try to speed up the process by cutting in the picture frame corners, then rolling on the paint in the larger areas and brushing it down to smooth it out.

Worked like a charm, first coat went on fine and I can't see brush strokes at all. It cut the time in half I would guess, and it helped eliminate drip marks in corners (although admittedly I was basically dry brushing it to avoid that issue).

Interested to hear if you use the Wagner how you like it.
      "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
      -Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Ill post up results when i get to it later on this month. Got few more pressing concerns like leaky faucets and clogged drains.

Ah the joys of home ownership!
        WH

Comment

Working...
        X