Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone do baseboards+ light drywall repair?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone do baseboards+ light drywall repair?

Had good luck so far by recommendations I used on here so gonna try it again. Need someone to install baseboards in 1/2 of a house roughly 900 sq ft also some of the drywall is broken need it repaired better than hud homes did.

Any recommendations would be great fort worth area zip code 76108

what size floorbaord are you goin with. I did a few rooms in my place with 4", it gave it a more modern look to the rooms.

Comment

Ya exact size I want to do or maybe as high as 4.55" saw one that I liked that size as well.

Comment

4" are not a common size at.home.depot.or lowes. i will try and load up a picture of my,floor board.
        Last edited by lincolnboy; 03-08-2014, 05:09 PM.

Comment

Did you do it yourself or have someone do it for you? I have a miter saw but still hesitant to do the corners.

Post a pic when you get a chance I would like to see what 4" baseboards look like

Comment

Corners are easier than you think. Just cut the 45 on the board the right way! I did our old house, it was a lot easier than I thought it would be. Just mark the angle so you don't cut it backwards like I did once, LOL.

Comment

Ya i read about the process but i'll be one of those that does a diy and it ends up like this

Comment

Thats what caulking is for. My brother came out and help install the boards. He would leave it a hair, just to be safe and not cut it short. Havin trouble laoding pictures.

Comment

am still curious what it would run me to get it professionally done, i've gotten quotes for different things done and sometimes its just outrageous where i'll do it myself others i can hire it out for less than i thought it would be.

Comment

chicken.....

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
                      chicken.....
                      lol about a month behind schedule on my house currently since builder cut corners everywhere and makes my prep work 2x longer than I expected.

Comment

Originally posted by 03mustangdude View Post
                        Ya i read about the process but i'll be one of those that does a diy and it ends up like this

That's about what any job is going to look like before it is caulked. Houses aren't built as straight as you probably think they are. I've got 5.25 baseboards in all the bedrooms with hardwoods and love it.

Comment

Working...
                        X