Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Average price for a 1.5ton Lennox ac/heat system install?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Average price for a 1.5ton Lennox ac/heat system install?

The ac/heat system in my house is a joke. It was the cheapest pos unit the previous home owners could get 10-12 years ago. The past 3 years Iv constantly had to fix various things and every time Iv run into amazingly shity workmanship. My uncle went to school for hvac and did it for several years. He's still got all of the tools but he said to get any good name brand setups you have to have a commercial account and a lot of the companies like Lennox require you to be a certified installer of their products to be able to purchase a setup.
    Im wondering what the average cost would be for everything vs doing it ourselves. If Id end up paying around $1000 more to have someone install it Id just hire a company but If I have to pay $2000-3000 more to hire a company Ill figure out a way to do it ourselves.
    Thanks

Another question I have is that If I hire a smaller hvac company to do the install are the the only ones that will do warranty repair? Or would any Trane/Lennox certified compaines do the warranty repair? Id hate to hire a small company that closes and then Im screwed on any warranty work.

Comment

How big is your house? You should have a ton per 500 sq ft. We just had a 3.5 ton carrier HP put in for 2775 and 500 for the install. Ours was installed by a certified person with whom I work. He went to a wholesaler and purchased last tears model before the price went up at the end of Jan. My mom had a unit that was a half ton bigger put in for 500 more.

Comment

First thing you need to do is get a qualified person in to run a man J for proper sizing.
        2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Working...
        X