• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice rack...
    Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

• Originally posted by Silverback View Post
      I'm not a fan of the bullnose tile you're using on the ends, it just doesn't match the beveled subway tile at all.
      This. I thought the same thing before reading the comments.

Comment

• I think you should run the subway time all the way to the jams with no trI'm or at the most a very thin bull nose.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
        Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• That is the only area that I am not 100% happy with. However, once I got it grouted, I am OK with it. After messing around with some cut tile, I still feel like the inconsistency of that gap, even if it was caulked, wouldn't be to my liking

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
          Originally posted by Leah
          Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

• Saturday morning my dad stopped by and helped me get the appliances all back where they belong. I learned through this that, there is a very good possibility that when buying appliances, from GE at a discount through your employer, you get factory seconds. Our fridge was 35 3/4" at the back, and 36" in the middle, like it had been sitting there eating jelly donuts for two years. It isn't marked as a "built in" unit, so I'm sure there is a tolerance there, and most people don't build their openings to the exact dimensions, most will give some wiggle room. That was a MAJOR ordeal, even after they adjusted the cabinet width. The microwave/vent hood, one of the mounting holes was 1" to the left of the location marked on their template. I marked from the template, then, confirmed their measurements marked on the template. Drilled the holes, attempted to hang the unit, no go. So, hind sight is 20/20 right, I measured the microwave itself, the mounting hole had a 1" discrepancy between the template measurement and the actual location on the unit, well, that resulted in an additional hole in the cabinet. I was not happy about that.

All that is left now, is a little bit of drywall texture repair, some paint, hang the pendant over the sink, and install the cabinet hardware.

Our sink pendant matches the nook fixture

Comment

• Looks great man...Im sure having a functioning kitchen will be a good feeling.

Comment

• turned out real nice man

Comment

• It makes the space feel so much bigger than it did before. I will all be finished up by Saturday, we are hosting out baby shower at the house, so I have to get it finished up.

Comment

• Man you did a great job !

Comment

• That looks awesome - congrats on getting it done!

Comment

• I found the market analysis my realtor did for me at the beginning of the year when we were looking at refinancing. We bought our house at $63/sq ft. After she ran the numbers she felt we could sell, if we wanted to, at the upper end of the market in our area, and this was before this kitchen renovation. A good friend of ours just sold their home at $90/sq ft. Which would put our house in the $125-130K range. WELL over what we paid

Comment

• I got the majority of the cabinet hardware on tonight. It really transforms everything. I couldn't find my drawer template so I had to hand measure those locations, which slowed me down quite a bit.

Comment

• the hardware made it look even better man!

Comment

• Originally posted by Goku025 View Post
                              the hardware made it look even better man!
                              It changed the entire look! We bought these to go on the old cabinets and never got them all installed. The style is perfect for this kitchen!

Comment

• For something a little different. I have put in a little time in the back yard recently, trying to spruce it up, and help push the water away from the house more. I extended my paver patio, built a raised deck to put the grill on, and planted some bushes I pulled from our model home that we are converting for sale. The grill deck will get a 26" granite prep station/counter as well, from a left over piece from the kitchen.

What I started with

Before trimming the decking and staining

I thought I had more after pictures, I will get some this weekend. I now have a problem with the end of the paver extension washing out, I am going to have to take that apart Saturday morning and reset them and hope that the dirt I packed in before finishing up the deck takes care of the problem. If not, I may have to try a polymeric joint sand in that area to "seal" the joints in the bricks to keep the water from washing out the bedding sand.

Comment

Working...
                                X