• Show
Clear All

Dont forget to use white thinset

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
      Dont forget to use white thinset
      Should I use thinset or mastic?
      Originally posted by Leah
      Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
        Should I use thinset or mastic?
        You can use mastic...either way

Comment

Well, I forgot to take pictures. I will update with images tomorrow. The main countertop is in, along with the sink, Dishwasher, and Stove. 95% of the trim is done in the finished areas, I ran out of nails before I finished. I think I have 4 boards to put in. Now to paint it all.

We ran into a little problem with the back splash that we are trying to find the best solution for. When we separated the back splash from the counter top, it left us with not only a gap between the back edge of the top, it also left us with the unfinished edge (particle board) of the laminate. All told, it is a 1-1.5" separation between the wall and the back edge of the laminate. The current solution is to tile that edge. We found some 1/2-3/4" tile with a profile that goes well. The other solution is to fur the wall out to meet the back of the counter top, however, I didn't see a decent way to hide the almost 1" of drywall/cement board that was going to be needed to get the depth we need.

Comment

So far, of the 3 gutter companies I contacted, Jon with allstate has been the only contractor to return a quote, granted I sent him the measurements from the first estimate. The price seems pretty fair at $700. So unless someone comes back with something in the $500 range, they will get my business, as soon as I know I can budget for it

Comment

Well, we made a little progress today. It started with a hardware delivery

Brand new Kwikset Tustin knobs and a Chelsea handle for the front door.

After deciding to do plug molds under the kitchen cabinets, I decided to rip out the drywall in the backsplash area and replace it with dense shield. While I had the walls open I ran the wire for the plug molds. I wanted to switch the under counter lights, however, that was going to be more work than I wanted to tackle, connecting 4 lights on opposite sides of the kitchen. Once I got tje dense shield up, I set the first row of glass tiles so that they can set up and I can finish the splash tomorrow. Now I need to decide what to do about the kitchen window. Carry the tile through the window or put in a sill.

Comment

Subscribed
                GOD BLESS TEXAS
                August Landscaping
                214-779-7278
                Seb's high class.
                He'll mow your grass.
                He'll kick your ass.
                And while his kidney stones pass,
                He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

I would put in a window sill (stool is the technical name for it). I have seen pictures of a tile sill and it just doesnt look right.

Comment

The sink side of the backsplash is set. Worked out almost perfectly under the window. Now to decide how to do the stool. Should it be flush with the tile or have the standard overhang and wrap around on to the tile. Next up is to tear out the sheetrock on the stove side and replace it with dense shield and lat the splash. Fingers crossed this thing is livable by Sunday. If anyone is good with a paint brush (cutting in) and is bored this weekend I have something you can do!

Comment

• I haven't taken any recent pictures. The house stays in a general state of disaray. The backsplash is complete in the kitchen. We grouted it tonight. I will caulk the edge tomorrow, then all that will be left is the transition piece to hide the gap from removing the back splash from the formica. We ae, for the most part, down to little details. It seems like that is always the most difficult part! My goal is to be able to stay in the house by this weekend. And finiah everything up by July 5. We are planning a house warming party for that day.

Comment

• Had another set back tonight. We went to put the fridge in place and the opening was too small. I measured 20 times. Each time relieved that it would fit. Even more relieved when the new cabinet arrangement gave us an additional inch. I'll be damned if I didn't adequately measure the upper cabinets, and the fridge wouldn't clear the upper. I think the wall is a bit out of square which compounded the issue. So, tomorrow, we move upper cabinets...
                        Last edited by black2002ls; 06-10-2014, 10:34 PM.

Comment

• I haven't taken many recent pics. We started moving some furniture this weekend.

Here is the backsplash, please excuse the errant cut of the drywall.

Our cedar post and corbels got installed today. Should look pretty awesome once we get it stained/sealed

Comment

• Lowered work truck
                            Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

• Originally posted by Z06killinsbf View Post
                              Lowered work truck
                              It is a B*. I pulled the bump stops, but frequently bounce off of the brackets hauling supplies! They have an 09 silverado RCSB at a local dealer with a 4.8L I am trying to decide whether to buy it or not.

Comment

• Originally posted by mustngacman View Post
                                We used Allstate Gutter. Cost $500.00. 1600 sq ft house. Did a great job. 972-242-7091. Not sure how far out they go
                                Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
                                Thank you, I will give them a call tomorrow
                                Originally posted by talisman View Post
                                Hell, I'm going to give them a call as well. Got quoted $900 to do my 1465 square foot house and that seems extremely high.
                                Do you guys realize how easy gutters are to put on? Cut off saw, tin snips, screw gun, hammer and sealer. I used the paint can spray in sealer for the best results.
                                Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Working...
                                X