Tree fungus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tree fungus

I have a white fungus growing on the base of my Bradford pear tree. Any suggestions on a fungicide?
    2006 Civic SI
    2009 Pilot
    1988 GT
    CRF50

Widebody whore.

Pee on it, it's a more holistic approach.

Comment

Cut the SOB down before it falls on your house!

Comment

Originally posted by bard View Post
        Cut the SOB down before it falls on your house!
        This! Our old neighborhood had several houses with them, and I think in the 10 years we lived there, at least 6 blew over in wind storms!

Comment

Worst trees ever.

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
            Pee on it, it's a more holistic approach.
            no, that only works for pink eye.

Comment

Bradford Pears suck. Replace it with a decent 30Gal size now and save yourself the headache of picking it up off the ground later

Comment

whats the deal with these trees? Do they get top heavy or something? I have a medium size one in my front yard. I have heard you have to thin them out.

Comment

They don't live long first off.

2nd, they are fast growing so home builders love them, that means they are f'ng everywhere.

The branches only grow at the top, so all the limbs are crowded together and it looks like an upside down broom.

The trees themselves are weak. since all the branches come out of the top, any loading on the leaves causes the branches to all pull down/out on a single point and you get this:

Comment

I also had a big one fall apart in my front yard at my old house. These trees are cheap piles of shit. Thank the fungus, get rid of it now and plant something better there.

Comment

The well-known beauty of Bradford pear blossoms. Photo courtesy of Bill Seaman. Bradford Pear is the “Perfect Tree”… Right? Young Bradford pears in bloom. Photo courtesy of Bill Seaman. The ...

Comment

I have 3 on the side of my house that are 15years old this year, I have trimmed them up twice and I rarely have watered them once they were established, I have only had 2 break apart in the 21years I have been in business and that was during major storms, just like many other varieties of trees have been known to do, they may not be as strong as many , but they are not that bad imo.

Comment

Fast growing=weak wooded. Trash trees IMO
                          Get a Shantung Maple and be done

Comment

Working...
                          X