Home A/C seems to never shut off?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home A/C seems to never shut off?

Maybe all A/Cs do this? maybe mine always has? But I just noticed it....

Where my thermostat is, there is a return vent in the ceiling and I can hear when the A/C is making a noise or not. Well, when my A/C is on and cooling the house, I hear it running. Then, if I bump up the temp to a higher temp or turn the thermostat to off, it does change sound and gets alot quieter. But sounds like its still running or a fan kinda sound.

when it is off and still making the sound and running, its not really doing anything to the house though. The temp in the house will rise. So, like I said Im not sure if this is normal or not? If not, do you think I just need a new thermostat? I built this house in 2001, so it is pretty old.

Whenever mine runs nonstop, it means the freon is low and the house isn't getting cool.
    Originally posted by Jester
    Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
    He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
    Originally posted by Denny
    What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
    FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

feldmans old man just put in an entire new system in my house. I was shocked when the a/c was actaully cutting off in this heat.

god bless.
      It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Check your outside unit to make sure the grate is not completely clogged. If the unit is "hot" the fan will continue to run to try and cool it off. Also if it's struggling to cool it could freeze the coils up inside and the fan is attempting to thaw it out.

Also I was told to tell you to check your filter(s). I they need to be changed some units can do what you are describinh

Comment

i will check my outside unit and my filters. but it still cools and seems to work just fine.

Comment

Sounds live a variable speed air handler. They still move air when the stat is off unless you are saying the outside unit is still running.
            2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Did you bump the fan switch from auto to on?

Comment

Working...
              X