Gutter Guards?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gutter Guards?

Any of you bought and installed gutter guards? A bunch of different guards out there, at a big swing in prices and installation methods. Ideally, i would like to just get some that snap in. Most gutters are of a standard size anyway.

The previous owner had the plastic lattice type on our house. After about two years of clearing shit off of the top of them, I got rid of them. It's easier to get on a ladder and clean them out. I do it when the Christmas lights go up and again when they come down. Get a drier vent brush to jam in the down spouts to clean those out.

Comment

I just wish we had trees in our neighborhood. All we got are McMansions and McMillionaires.
      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
        I just wish we had trees in our neighborhood. All we got are McMansions and McMillionaires.
        There is a neighborhood in my town that requires every home to have a tree between the sidewalk and the street.

That will look great with large trees lining the streets, but that will completely destroy the sidewalk and curbs.

Comment

Trees are great until branches and twigs fall on your roof and you cant park in your driveway anywhere that doesnt have a branch above it where birds hang out, bombing your car.

Comment

Originally posted by 32vfromhell View Post
            Trees are great until branches and twigs fall on your roof and you cant park in your driveway anywhere that doesnt have a branch above it where birds hang out, bombing your car.
            And the tree sap will ruin your pant. Any sap at all, you'll need to sand and repaint the car.

Comment

Our house originally had gutter guards but the holes in the screens were way too small. Also, the gutters clogged up easily from the crap dumped in them over time. The down spouts were the average kind that were just to small.

The new gutters I'm getting will have larger downspouts and screens with larger holes. However I will still have to get on the roof and blow crap off every other month. Just one of the downsides to having lots of trees with branches shading the house. The upside is much greater so it's all good..

Comment

I thought this was going to be an information thread for modern dating.

Comment

Working...
                X